People using the DMCA feature in a DISHONEST, DISGUSTING way and shopify do NOTHING!

Felipe123
Visitor
1 0 3

First of all, all im going to tell you now was already said in ticket 31073230 and NOBODY did ANYTHING to help me. So, my store has been around for almost 4 years, as you can see from the records. I am one of the pioneers of dropshipping here in Brazil. We are a 27 member team with several copywriters, more than 8 MILLION unique acess and more than 1000 product work FROM SCRATCH. We make ALL our photos and we have some photos with models that we pay, we make our own videos and we have an official partner on china. Also, i have paid 3 years of shopify in advance. Having that in mimd, This is my FINAL CONTACT BEFORE I SUE SHOPIFY for accepting FALSE and ILLEGAL claims of copies without analyzing ANYTHING, taking down my admin and threatening to close my store.So, clearly there are a lot of people today using the DMCA feature in a DISHONEST, DIRTY, IRRESPONSIBLE, DISGUSTING way. They make false claims based on stores THAT’S NOT EVEN THEIR WEBSITES. I'M RECEIVING COPYING ACCUSATIONS FROM WEBSITES IN ANOTHER COUNTRY, FOR GOD'S SAKE HOW CAN I COPY THE WEBSITE IN ANOTHER LANGUAGE? Shopify already took down my panel THREE TIMES based on false allegations, you guys dont even check A THING BEFORE ACCEPTING ANYTHING AS A “REPORT”. If you don't find a solution for me to stop accepting these bullshit I'm going to sue shopify and seek an injunction today to keep my admin and store open, so FOR THE LOVE OF GOD I ASK YOU, PASS THIS CASE TO A SUPERIOR AT SHOPIFY AND TAKE ACTION TO STOP THIS BULLSHIT.

Replies 3 (3)

Kessarkess
Tourist
14 0 9

I got exactly the same from a website in the US today and we are in germany! My product is taking down by Shopify! crazy world! We also use everything made by our own hands . They mass DMCA everyone who is selling a simmilar product to drown down other small shops. I dont know what i can do now as shopify said i need to wait 3 weeks to repost my product and i got a 1 product store .. 

I advise to file a counter DMCA and immediately go to a lawyer so you can take the website who fake dmcad you to court and seek damages 

Kessarkess
Tourist
14 0 9

Bro no one will help you unless you do like 2 mil in sales monthly .. this is crazy the big guys can just shut us down with fake dmcas crazy stuff 

regina3003
Visitor
2 0 1

I hope you found a resolution to this. I received a DMCA notice from a company this morning. I looked at their website and I copied nothing from them - no pictures, no videos....nothing. I was running Facebook ads for my store...that is all. This is disappointing that Shopify does not review the allegations before removing our products. I dropship from AliExpress so how could they possibly make a claim against me?