Solved

Please Clarification Shopify and Paypal payments and commission fees

falloukd9
Excursionist
13 3 4

Hello everyone,

I am actually really confused about shopify payments and paypal commission fees, because i activated shopify payments but when a client order through paypal i am charged 2x times, Shopify charge me 2% when the client use paypal to order and paypal charge me 4% too for the same order and when i go to my bills section i can clearly see that shopify takes 2% on orders made through paypal and below the total running bills even shopify write that i can save the total amount transaction fee if i activate shopify payment but when i click on "learn more about shopify payments" it clearly show me that i already activated shopify payments (check picture) . Just an example here I had an order worth 48.21 euro that the customer had made through paypal, after shopify debited me 2%, paypal also debited me 1.99 euro which is 4,12%. 
So i really need help because i have read that "if your customer were to make a purchase on your store, and paid by PayPal - Shopify would not charge you anything for this transaction. When a merchant is using Shopify Payments alongside PayPal they are not charged a transaction fee on payments made through PayPal."  so i really need help and want to know why shopify is charging 2% fee on orders made through paypal if i already activate shopify payments. 
PS: my country accept shopify payments!

Thank you in advance!
InkedInkedInkedfee_LI.jpg

Accepted Solutions (3)

Kimi
Shopify Staff
1511 169 257

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @falloukd9!

Depending on where your store is located, if you've already activated Shopify Payments for your store then you won't be charged transaction fees by Shopify for your orders. The transaction fees you would have received on your orders should only be coming from your third-party payment gateway, such as PayPal in this case.

The 2% that is being charged for your orders sounds like they are transaction fees that is charged by Shopify when your store hasn't activated Shopify Payments yet. You can go through the steps on our Help Centre document here, to make sure that your store already has Shopify Payments enabled and activated. If you're still unsure and would like our team to double check, we can access your store to further investigate this. While we're not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community Forums at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you. You can visit our Help Centre here, and log in to your account to create a support request.

Kimi | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

falloukd9
Excursionist
13 3 4

Hello dear @Kimi

Thank you for taking your time to reply my question. I have checked the details that you tell me to check and everything is on point so my shopify payments is well activated but i am still getting those 2% cut. But after checking your first link i have seen this  "You're charged transaction fees each time a customer makes a purchase using PayPal, unless you also activate Shopify Payments. For stores in Austria, Belgium or Sweden, transaction fees are waived only for orders processed by Shopify Payments or its Klarna integration, so you're charged a transaction fee for orders using PayPal and other alternative payment providers. For stores in Austria or Belgium, transaction fees apply to all third-party payment providers, even if Shopify Payments is enabled." and i am from belgium so i think i can't get those 2% off because i am based in belgium.

Thank you for your help

Kimi
Shopify Staff
1511 169 257

@falloukd9

Yes that's correct, the transaction fees do also depend on your store's location.

I'm glad we were able to get to the bottom of this!

Replies 3 (3)

Kimi
Shopify Staff
1511 169 257

Hi, @falloukd9!

Depending on where your store is located, if you've already activated Shopify Payments for your store then you won't be charged transaction fees by Shopify for your orders. The transaction fees you would have received on your orders should only be coming from your third-party payment gateway, such as PayPal in this case.

The 2% that is being charged for your orders sounds like they are transaction fees that is charged by Shopify when your store hasn't activated Shopify Payments yet. You can go through the steps on our Help Centre document here, to make sure that your store already has Shopify Payments enabled and activated. If you're still unsure and would like our team to double check, we can access your store to further investigate this. While we're not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community Forums at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you. You can visit our Help Centre here, and log in to your account to create a support request.

falloukd9
Excursionist
13 3 4

Hello dear @Kimi

Thank you for taking your time to reply my question. I have checked the details that you tell me to check and everything is on point so my shopify payments is well activated but i am still getting those 2% cut. But after checking your first link i have seen this  "You're charged transaction fees each time a customer makes a purchase using PayPal, unless you also activate Shopify Payments. For stores in Austria, Belgium or Sweden, transaction fees are waived only for orders processed by Shopify Payments or its Klarna integration, so you're charged a transaction fee for orders using PayPal and other alternative payment providers. For stores in Austria or Belgium, transaction fees apply to all third-party payment providers, even if Shopify Payments is enabled." and i am from belgium so i think i can't get those 2% off because i am based in belgium.

Thank you for your help

Kimi
Shopify Staff
1511 169 257

@falloukd9

Yes that's correct, the transaction fees do also depend on your store's location.

I'm glad we were able to get to the bottom of this!