How to create a points-based online store for members?

JHOHC
Tourist
4 0 2

Hi,

We are looking to create a points-based store for members to be able to login and view their points, and then redeem them against our products. We would like the ability to be able to add points manually too.

We would have around 300 members, and would likely be fulfilling less than 50 orders per month, so this is pretty small scale.

Does anyone have any ideas about whether this is possible either through Shopify, or Shopify + another app

I would welcome any ideas

Thanks

Replies 9 (9)

Nick
Shopify Staff (Retired)
4531 434 1025

Hi @JHOHC,

Great idea! The best way to do this would be a loyalty feature app. There are a few different ones in the Shopify App store which could possibly work for you here, let's take a look at some of them below:

Each one would have a different structure and user interface so it would be worth your time to check them out and see which one can do what you need and if multiple ones do what you need which one fits for you best. 

If none of the apps can fit your need, it might be something custom that you need and for this I would advise hiring a Shopify Expert to build you a custom app. Because it's custom you would be able to have it built for exactly your needs. You can see the Shopify Expert directory here

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

JHOHC
Tourist
4 0 2

Hiya, thank you, i really appreciate the suggestions, ill check them out, thanks!

simple-loyalty
Tourist
8 0 3

Hey! 

Would you mind elaborating on "point-based store"? Does this mean products would be listed on the store for the amount of points that would be required to purchase instead of a dollar amount? Or is it more that customers could redeem points and use it to make purchases as normal?

I have a new point based reward app called Simple Loyalty that might work for you use case.  Customers log in and see their points, view & redeem points, and you can manually adjust points for customers any time. I would be happy to discuss your use case further if additional functionality is needed.

All the best.

Simple Loyalty - Drive engagement and sales with loyalty and rewards programs.
JHOHC
Tourist
4 0 2

Hi

Thank you for this, that's a helpful suggestion, we would be looking to create a site that uses points in place of any currency.

Would it be possible to arrange for a call with you to discuss this please?

Thanks

simple-loyalty
Tourist
8 0 3

Hey @JHOHC ,

Happy to discuss further. Send me an email at info@normal.systems and we can set up a time to talk.

Thanks!

Simple Loyalty - Drive engagement and sales with loyalty and rewards programs.

Neomi_av
Shopify Partner
197 2 17

Hi @JHOHC, I'm Neomi from Rise.ai.

We specialized in gift card & loyalty store credit solutions,

Using our loyalty program you will be able to offer store credit to your customers, store credit will act as store cash and customers will use them to buy products.

Using our management tools you can manually adjust each customer balance.

Check out our listing page and feel free to reach out at info@rise.ai

ddddddas
Shopify Partner
2 0 0

Hi

7 Months later and we at our compnay also want to implement a point based system for our employees to redeem - they get points based on muliple factors of there job.

What solution did you use in the end?

JHOHC
Tourist
4 0 2
Hiya,
We used 'Smile' in the end. However the bosses didn't go for it at this time. We are currently running with a much more manual process for the time being with a view to making it smarter soon. So although it worked in theory with the 'Smile' add in, we didn't really get to the point where we have been using it yet
Thanks
Rootd
Tourist
7 0 2

Did you ever find a good option? Read the thread, and we're on the same page/frustration. Looking for this ability too, and the closest we've found involves adding a tokengate (NFT) app, which wouldn't really fit our needs.

Did you find a good solution? Cheers.