Return management just got easier! We’ve launched Customer Self-Serve Returns to all Shopify merchants. Click here to learn more!

POS & 100 Variant Limit

YourBraLady
1 0 1

Has anyone figured out HOW to overcome the 100 variant limit on Shopify POS?  I have products that have a couple of hundred variants each, and I have had to break them up where each color is a product, so we are spending our days "scrolling the pages" to find the sizes we want... We used to be on Revel where our variants had variants ...click, click done.

Reply 1 (1)
Ren
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1026 65 148

Hi @YourBraLady

Thanks for the valuable feedback here. As Shopify is constantly working on updates and new products, it's helpful to know where we can make these improvements. I intend to take your feedback to the appropriate teams and make sure it's logged and reviewed. 

Please keep an eye on our changelogs for any relevant updates as we work to provide a better user experience across the platform as well as on POS. 

At this time, the best thing I can suggested is to group your variants using collections. (Ex. Red collection, blue collections, etc). This workaround is basic but it will enable you to narrow down and find your products faster on POS with the use of tiles in your smart grid.

Be sure your app is up-to-date in order to access this feature. Hope that helps!

Ren | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog