POS only items publishing to online

terracottage
Visitor
1 0 0

We've been having problems with our products that have been set to Point of Sale only getting published online, resulting in customers making online purchases that they shouldn't be able to make.

Is there any way to figure out what's going on with this?

Reply 1 (1)

Moira
Shopify Staff
2040 223 323

Hey @terracottage,

Welcome to the Shopify Community!

If you decide not to make a product available to a particular sales channel, then it should be hidden from that channel's product catalog. Have you double-checked that the products in question have only the POS channel selected?

21-11-dhxli-uazd2.gif

I'd be curious to know if we can isolate what you're seeing to your device or browser. Would you mind testing a few things for me?

• Clear your cache and cookies - When you use a browser, like Chrome, it saves some information from websites in its cache and cookies. Clearing them fixes certain problems, like loading or formatting issues on sites.

• Ensure your browser is up to date.

• Try an Incognito window.

• Try another browser (e.g. Safari).

• Try completing the same steps on your phone, using data rather than WiFi.

If you are still having trouble with products appearing in the wrong sales channel, we will need to investigate this further as this is unexpected behavior. While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit https://bit.ly/3cJkx8V and log in to your account to create a support request.

As you're utilizing a POS channel, you may be curious in learning more from Shopify's own Retail team. I've attached the course below should you be interested:

Moira | Social Care @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog