Possible scam ?

absoluteqiviut
1 0 0

Hello, does a representative from shopify ever contact people by telephone claiming they are here to help you get better results from sale etc ? I had a call few days ago claiming to be shopify, asking for my email address & they were foreign from Pakistan sounding ! Is this bogus ?  Thank, regards Lorraine

Replies 2 (2)
Kiddienation
Excursionist
43 1 7

Scam

Shay
Shopify Staff
516 85 99

Hi @absoluteqiviut 

This is definitely scam! Good for you for trusting your gut on this and confirming if that was the case. If you happen to have any contact information for this person that called you, like email address or phone number from your call history, I would ask that you forward those details to our security team: security@shopify.com.

Did you provide any login information or sensitive details about your store during the call? If you did, please contact our live support immediately so that our account integrity team can ensure that you are still in full control of the store account. They are also available to answer any other questions you may have about this situation. 

To contact our live support please follow this link: Shopify Help Center - Contact Support, sign into your store account, search for account security and use the contact support button at the bottom of the search results to see all our live support options. 

Shay | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog