Possible Scam

tpowell25
1 0 1

Under the "Some of your visitors can't find what they are looking for" section, I am showing the following searches:  (Sorry for the mess.  I don't know how to do a screen shot from a personal computer)

Summary 37
body onpageshow confirm 1 4
details open ontoggle confirm 1 4
marquee loop 1 width 0 onfinish prompt 1 4
link details open ontoggle confirm 1 2
body body onpageshow confirm 1 2
meta details open ontoggle confirm 1 2
title details open ontoggle confirm 1 2
link body onpageshow confirm 1 2
body details open ontoggle confirm 1 2
csi 16 107e2 fire ant bait 2 (this is the only logistic search for my site)
title body onpageshow confirm 1 2
meta body onpageshow confirm 1 2

I don't know if this is something that I need to be pro-active about (or how to do it).  Or if this is just someone phishing unsuccessfully.  

Thanks ahead of time for any help or suggestions.  I don't want this to turn into a problem.

Tom

Replies 5 (5)
Rubennn
Tourist
6 0 8

Bump !

I just noticed the same on our shop. Anyone else can relate?

I tried the search myself but there are no results.

globalizeme
2 0 1

Hello Shopify Team,

We are also getting the same search terms in the search report, Please let us know what is the reason to get these terms in the report. Is that something serious action need to be taken or spam attack. If yes, how we need to stop this issue in the search report.

marquee loop 1 width 0 onfinish prompt
details open ontoggle confirm 1
telephone number
body onpageshow confirm 1
body details open ontoggle confirm 1
link body onpageshow confirm 1
title body onpageshow confirm 1
link details open ontoggle confirm 1

Thanks,

JC

Shay
Shopify Staff
513 85 99

Thank you for sharing those search results with us to review. This type of activity is totally normal and nothing to be worried about. These search results are most likely created by bot traffic that is crawling the website. This can't be stopped and does no harm to the store at this stage. 

The only time you need to be worried about bot traffic is when your store is being hit with so many bots that it overloads the servers, causing the store to crash or timeout. This is a very rare and very targeted attack and you would know (as would our security team) if that was the case.

Shay | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

globalizeme
2 0 1

Hi Shay,

That's great and thank you for the detail information.

-JC

GMdev
1 0 0

Hi Shay,

Can the bot traffic can be solved? We cant see the accurate report so stopping the bot traffic will be helpful. Please let me know if any solutions.

Thanks,

JC