Predefined option values in "bulk"

obucamonah
Tourist
14 0 1

Hello,

It is a shoe store that for the "Size" option requires that for each newly created item, the otherwise standard shoe size values (35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43) are manually entered again, which is quite demanding if we are talking about thousands of items.

Does anyone have an idea on whether and how to bulk enter those predefined size variation values?

Replies 3 (3)

vcaudo
Shopify Partner
3 0 0

This might do what you want :

https://apps.shopify.com/bulk-product-edit

From its page:

Merchants appreciate this app for its ability to streamline bulk product editing, especially for stores with large inventories. Its intuitive design allows for easy scheduling of updates and management of tasks like price and inventory adjustments. Features such as data export to CSV, custom fields for tags, and a revert option are also valued. The support team is noted for their quick and professional help, making this app a key tool for e-commerce efficiency.

Ablestar_Daniel
Shopify Partner
93 13 17

Hello,

Just so I understand the problem, are the shoes created in Shopify with just one variant, and then you need to create additional variants for all the other size values?

Best,

Daniel

Founder @ Ablestar ✦
Manage product data, spreadsheets, Google Shopping data, and metafields with Ablestar Bulk Product Editor. Use previews, undos, and automations to be confident your product data is correct.
Please don't forget to Like and Mark Solution to the post that helped you. Thanks!
obucamonah
Tourist
14 0 1

Hello,

In Europe, for shoes, every time you create an item according to the existing system, Shopify forces you to manually enter all 8 standard sizes for women's shoes (35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42), which is normal, because Shopify cannot predict how you will organize the size system. However, it's still a lot of work if we're talking about a thousand or more items (8 x 1000 is 8000 manual keystrokes).

If I were to use a metafield for that, I would have an option to select after the basic creation of the metafield value definition. If I mix it up, then I don't have the ability to track variations in the stock by numbers, but also price variations (if the owner decides to sell the remaining sizes. In short, metafield is not a solution.

I hope it's clearer now.