Prefilled order and checkout link

Sonia_cmy
5 0 0

Hi everyone,

I am new to shopify and I am wondering if we can created an draft order with prefilled customer details and delivery address etc and send it by checkout link instead of email address ?

some of my customer just don't bother to check their email, would prefer to check and pay for the order via a simple link.

Many thanks !

Sonia

Replies 5 (5)

Hilary
Shopify Staff (Retired)
551 79 132

Hi, @Sonia_cmy!

Welcome to the Shopify Community! How would you be communicating this checkout link with your customers, if not via email? Would you be sending them a text message? Or how would this look? 

One thought is you could still send the invoice via email to your customer as you have been doing, but simply copy and paste the Complete your purchase link from the email. You can do this by right clicking on the link, and then clicking Copy this link address. When you send the invoice from a draft order, you are given the option to send yourself a copy of the email, so you could get the link from this email. You could then also send this link to your customer via text message, or the other channel you'd like to use. 

21-27-47275-77598

Other than this, we could potentially look into some app options, or perhaps another Community user will have some insight into custom coding options (as this is outside my scope of support), but let's start with how you'd like to send this information to the customer. 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

Sonia_cmy
5 0 0

Hi Hilary,

Thank you for your reply, I tried the method you mentioned yesterday, but the link isnt work that way.

I found out that I can share the link via shopify app, however, the customer detail such as address , phone , are not prefilled even I filled them in beforehand.

Usually I would prefer to create and filled out all the details for the customer and send the checkout link to them via WhatsApp.

Thanks.

WhatsApp Image 2021-10-21 at 10.37.41 PM.jpeg

soulchild37
Shopify Partner
164 9 46

Hi Sonia,

Just to double check, have you filled all the fields for the customer address before sending the link?

First name , address , postcode,  and state. Missing any one of these will cause the checkout page to not be prefilled.

Regards,

Axel

Spent too much support time dealing with order cancellation request from customer? Wouldn't it be good if customer can cancel order on their own without bugging your support? Try out Cancellable app! https://apps.shopify.com/cancellable . I also write articles about store customization that can improve your customer shopping experience here : Yagi Software Blog
Sonia_cmy
5 0 0

Hi Axel,

Yes , I have filled out everything before sending out the link.

However, when the customer open it, they only see their name and phone number on it.

address, which I filled out earlier was still empty.

Cheers.

ChrisK1
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi, Hilary! We used to be able to do exactly as you show in your response by right-clicking on Complete your purchase and getting the link, but Shopify has changed something and it no longer works. Any work-around or fix to this? We like to text our customers a link to complete certain orders.