Prevent deleting line item properties in order

Prevent deleting line item properties in order

Paul_vd_Dool
Shopify Partner
111 6 97

A client of mine asked if there is a way of disabling the option to delete line item properties in an order.

They use a bundle app that add the components of the bundle as line item properties in the order. On the order page in Shopify Admin, when you hover over these line item properties, you can delete them.

They did this accidentally.

I'm not aware of any option to disable or prevent this from happening. Is there?

Doppelganger - Managing duplicate user accounts
Replies 5 (5)

DelightCart
Shopify Partner
1242 82 157

@Paul_vd_Dool I think that app developer can help you.

Delight Cart - It's time to turn your visitors into loyal shoppers! 

Delight Loyalty - Increase repeat sales quickly and build lifelong customers loyalty.
Paul_vd_Dool
Shopify Partner
111 6 97

No. I've been in contact with them. This is on the order page of the Shopify Admin. You can't access that.

Unless there is some way to pass line item properties where you say they can't be removed, I don't see how I might solve this for my client.

Doppelganger - Managing duplicate user accounts
ivtest
Visitor
1 0 0

hi ! did you find a way to solve this ? for some reason some orders appear with no line item properties , which is frustrating for us. A complete different scenario but probably this might be a good solution for me,

Dirk
Shopify Staff
2396 255 526

Hey, @ivtest 

To disable the ability to delete these line item properties directly from the order page in the Shopify Admin, you can explore Shopify apps like the Order Editing app. This app allows you to customize and restrict certain actions within orders, such as preventing the deletion of line item properties.

If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Dirk | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Ethan_g
Shopify Partner
4 0 1

What you wrote is completely false. This app has nothing to do with "preventing the deletion of line item properties" it's just an app that lets customers edit their order after purchase (like changing shipping address). In all my years with Shopify I did not find any app that directly affects the Shopify Admin, and you say it's possible? (honestly I believe this was an *A*I* generated response)