Is starting a print on demand store with few designs a good idea?

Roland7
Tourist
11 0 2

Want to do print on demand store.  Shopify store already set up by hired professional.  My concern is that I currently only have about three major designs to release at the moment. Should I wait until I have a wider selection to start out with?

Reply 1 (1)

Mac
Shopify Staff
1653 167 262

Hi, @Roland7!

Thanks for reaching out in our Community forums and for sharing your concern, I’d be happy to help.

I'm glad to hear that you were able to set up your Shopify store and great job on finalizing your first three major designs. I have heard of merchants starting out with a few products, and adding new ones on a weekly or monthly basis, while some prefer to roll out products in seasons. It really depends how you wish to roll out your products. You will also need to consider how you will plan your marketing strategy to promote your products. 

Have you started promoting your brand and building a social media presence? I believe this is key to connect with potential customers who are likely to make a purchase. Doing so will drive brand awareness, create more demand for your products and in turn, increase sales. This can be done by creating curated, relevant and local content as much as possible. Click here to learn more about creating a social media marketing strategy.

Kindly reply back to this thread with any questions or updates and we can continue our conversation further!

Mac | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog