Why isn't my GoDaddy domain connecting to my Basic Shopify plan?

lizak07
Visitor
1 0 0

I ran into an issue. I have just purchased a Basic Shopify plan for CA$38/mo and I am currently on my free trial. Before this, I have purchased a domain from GoDaddy and I was going to connect it. However, when I go to Shopify+Domains, it says that my current plan does not allow domains whatsoever. I have checked every single website, and none of them say that Basic plan does not support domains. + It is a third party domain, not Shopify and there's no button to connect it. 

Please help.

Screen Shot 2022-08-19 at 12.56.18 PM.png

Replies 2 (2)

PageFly-Richard
Shopify Partner
4164 935 1586

Hi @lizak07!

I`m Richard Nguyen from PageFly - Advanced Page Builder. I would love to give you some recommendation.

You can connect your GoDaddy Domain to shopify store that means that GoDaddy would still be your domain host, and you would continue to manage the DNS records and pay for your domain there.

The steps to connect the domain to Shopify are as follows:

1. Navigate to Settings > Domains.
  2. Click Connect Existing Domain.
  3. Enter the name of the domain here and then click Next.
  4. The system should detect the domain as a GoDaddy domain, and prompt you to login to your GoDaddy account after clicking Connect Automatically.

Please Note: That it can take several days to update DNS records. It might not work immediately.

You can use this link to have detailed information;

https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/domains/add-a-domain/connecting-domains/connect-domain-automatic?...

Best Regards;

Richard-Pagefly

Please let me know if it works by giving it a Like or marking it as a solution!

PageFly - #1 Page Builder for Shopify merchants.

All features are available from Free plan. Live Chat Support is available 24/7.

Greta
Shopify Staff
1099 118 139

Hi there, @lizak07!

Thank you for your post, I'm happy to help. 

I looked up this error message in our system, and from what I've read you should only be seeing this message if you have a development store, which are used by Shopify Partners to test out themes, apps, and more. You can definitely use a custom domain on the Basic Shopify plan, so we can investigate why this is happening. 

Is it possible that you created this store using a Shopify Partner account, or did a Shopify Partner create this store for you? If this is the case, they may not have converted the store to the Basic plan. Once I know a bit more, I can definitely let you know your options!

I look forward to helping you further.

Greta | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog