Processing a payment

kirangrandhi
2 0 0

As per the below link and description

https://shopify.dev/apps/payments/processing-a-payment#retry-policy.

Below documentation is saying that we need to inform customer that that the payment is processed, but Shopify is unreachable. You can let the customer know that they will receive a notification from Shopify when the order is processed during retry.  the response from shopify contains redirection URL after retry is successful.  what is the behavior and should we still redirect customer to redirect URL and what if customer closes the browser after he receive notification from payment about the error. 

If there's a Shopify service disruption (or if 5xx status codes are being returned), then requests must be retried. It's suggested to follow the guidelines in the retry policy section.

If a GraphQL request acknowledgment is not received, then you need to implement a retry policy. During this time, you can inform the customer that the payment is processed, but Shopify is unreachable. You can let the customer know that they will receive a notification from Shopify when the order is processed. Furthermore, the customer should contact the merchant directly if the maximum number of recommended retries elapses without acknowledgment.

Replies 2 (2)
Shay
Shopify Staff
534 88 106

Hi @kirangrandhi 

I'm not sure how I can help you. Are you able to provide us some more information about what your question or concern is? Once I know more about what you are trying to accomplish I can help get you the resources you need. 

Shay | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

kirangrandhi
2 0 0

The questions is related to customer experience while payment app is retrying the request to shopify payment API for posting result unit it reaches 18 max retries in 24 hours period.

scenario 1:  if retry is successful with 16th attempt and period is 22 hours then payment resolve response contains redirection URL.  should payment app still redirect customer to merchant website?

scenario 2: if retry is not successful for maximum retries in 24 hour period then how the customer will be notified whether payment processing is successful.