Why does editing products on Shopify take so long to save?

ppaige
4 0 0

I am trying to edit my products, whenever i click save it loads for a very long time. It only happens when i am updating products. No other site does this, i even tried to switch internets to see if that was the problem.

Reply 1 (1)

Maz
Shopify Staff
1161 129 178

Hi @ppaige.

I am sorry to hear that the load time is slow for when you are updating your products. I'd be happy to help you get to the bottom of this.

May I ask if you are using the bulk editor to update your products and/or if you are updating products via the Google or Facebook sales channels? The more details you can give me, the better I can help. This will help us narrow down the issue further for you.

A lot of the time, all that's needed is to reset everything and perform some troubleshooting steps to see if you can replicate the behavior. Can you please try these steps below and let me know if you are still experiencing this problem:

• Clear your cache and cookies on your browser. After this, completely reboot the browser.
  • Try a different web browser, as well as incognito or private windows to rule out any browser issues.
  • When using incognito, if you're still experiencing a delay, confirm you have disabled browser extensions, as these can change how pages function and look.
  • Ensure your web browser is up-to-date on the latest version (we don't support every browser, but we do support these here).
  • Try another device like a computer or mobile phone.
  • Try on the Shopify Mobile App; this is usually the best step to try, as it will rule out any browser issues.
  • Ensure you do not have any firewalls or pop up blockers enabled on your device, as these can interfere.

Sometimes trying the steps above is exactly what is needed to get you back to business in no time!

Let me know how it goes.

Maz | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog