Solved

Product export missing Variant Inventory QTY

Angela32
Visitor
2 0 3

For the past four months we have been importing a product spreadsheet on a weekly basis, with updates to the inventory for each product. However I tried this earlier this week and the file uploaded ok but the inventory quantity didn't change. 

I have exported our product list from Shopify to see what fields are in the export and even this export is now missing the inventory quantity. What has happened? Why is this field now missing? It is crucial for us to be able to update our inventory in bulk this way.

I have seen previous comments on this topic from last year which suggested that an alternative would be to update via the inventory tab, but we update and add new products in one process so this doesn't seem the best solution. And I am confused as to why this has suddenly stopped working.

Please advise! 

Accepted Solution (1)
productsync
Shopify Partner
740 38 159

This is an accepted solution.

Hi

Yeah it is annoying when would work previously. Shopify split the inventory out of products to add more options so although it continued to work after the changeover it was on the deprecation list for a while and got removed from the csv import eventually.

Regards

Tom

View solution in original post

Replies 4 (4)

productsync
Shopify Partner
740 38 159

Hi

Inventory updates have been removed from product imports so you need to use inventory csv import: https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/sell-in-person/shopify-pos/inventory-management/export-import-inv...

As the note from Shopify says: "Don’t use the product CSV file to export or import inventory quantities. You need to use the inventory CSV file."

Regards

Tom

Angela32
Visitor
2 0 3

Thanks for your reply. It does work using the Inventory, however it is very annoying as previously I could add new products and update inventory in one process. Now this needs to be done separately when the old process worked fine!

productsync
Shopify Partner
740 38 159

This is an accepted solution.

Hi

Yeah it is annoying when would work previously. Shopify split the inventory out of products to add more options so although it continued to work after the changeover it was on the deprecation list for a while and got removed from the csv import eventually.

Regards

Tom

Nicolas_Kiss
Visitor
1 0 1

Hi, 

I understant that inventory upload has been split from product upload.

However, every time I upload my product list with updates (e.g. descriptions), all variant's inventory quantity are set to 0. This is a major issue.

Any one else with this issue?