Product Upload CSV

notpro
2 0 0

Hi guys,

I'm new to Shopify, in the process of making the switch from SS and i'm already starting to doubt if its a good idea to switch. We normally use WP/Woo but have 1 site on SS.

So the problem started last week with our first attempt at uploading a csv file with 3 products (2 of the 3 products were already manually entered into Shopify so i wanted to test updating them with images via csv plus adding 1 new product). I downloaded the example Shopify csv, updated the fields with our information and imported. We get a success message but no products or updates on the products already in the store. Ok, i can handle it doesn't work but whats the reason? and how do we fix it?

Contacted support 5 times and i'm surprised by the poor level of support, everyone is nice and friendly but without any answers, lots of empathy without solutions. The tech team have a copy of the file but after 24 hours ask me what software i'm using. I don't think they even checked the file, a few support people mention we should pay for an app. As a shopify newbie, i'm amazed that they would recommend paying for an App, surely product uploads are a basic functionality of a ecomm site builder like shopify. So i'm losing confidence rapidly with Shopify and am thinking of moving over to WP/Woo.

Can anyone shed some light on potential product upload solutions?

Thanks

Replies 2 (2)
Trevor
Community Moderator
3067 400 627

@notpro 

Sorry to hear you've had a poor experience when interacting with our Support. You mentioned that your import was "successful" - You would have received an email after the import which would have indicated if the import was successful or if certain products failed. Could you provide the contents of that email?

Trevor | Community Moderator @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

notpro
2 0 0

Thanks for getting in touch but I never heard back from tech support after 5 days so I gave up with shopify and built the site in 1 day using WP/Woo. 

The experience with Shopify was poor and I'm glad I moved my site elsewhere.