Solved

Product Variants - Price & Inventory

DaveHorne
Visitor
3 0 0

Hello shopify folks,

I'm setting up a store that sells lumber. We have lumber with a bunch of different options like the length, width, finish, thickness, etc... we work with local mills to source the product but I'm struggling to figure out the best way to setup options. I was trying to avoid having a product for each combination of options but will do that if required. What I want is the ability to have different prices for different combinations of options as well as manage inventory for each variation combination. Any ideas if there is an app or something that could help do that or am I needing to create a massive product inventory? 

Thank you!

Dave.

Accepted Solution (1)

Stacy_Zhuk
Shopify Partner
424 21 60

This is an accepted solution.

Hello @DaveHorne,

To efficiently manage an inventory of customizable products, you can consider a bundling app like Bundleup. Such apps will help you create and categorize bundled products, as well as provide accurate inventory syncing and stock levels calculation.

For more extensive customization options, consider Bold Product Options app. This app allows you to add an unlimited number of product variants and offers a wide range of other customization features to cater to diverse customer preferences.

Also, you can take a look at Infinite Options by ShopPad Inc app. With this app, you can add unlimited custom product options including text, numbers, calendars, swatches, checkboxes, and dropdown menus.

If none of the available apps meets all of your requirements, consider the possibility of developing a custom app. Custom Shopify development grants you complete control over the features needed.

Please, let me know if you need any assistance.

Best regards,
Anastasia

Co-founder at Whidegroup, e-commerce development company from Ukraine
- 10+ years of experience with SMBs
- Deep expertise in custom development & optimization
E-mail: anastasia@whidegroup.com

View solution in original post

Replies 2 (2)

Aakash_Kumar
Shopify Partner
13 1 3

Hi @DaveHorne 

Check these options with demo stores. These apps allow you to set price for each option, with combination and also allow you to add conditional logic. Since, they offer unlimited options, you can add as many as you want.

1. Custom Product Builder from Buildateam - Here you can find several demo stores based on the store type. Take a look at this one for instance. It is for Dog Crate and has tons of options while creating your custom product - https://tnccrates.com/products/custom-dog-crate.

2. Hulk Product Options by HulkApps.com - It also offers conditional logic and unlimited options.

Take a look and see which fits your requirements best. If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out.

Shopify Expert Since 2012
Sr. Web Solution Manager at MakkPress Technologies
Website Speedy (SAAS tool for Shopify Speed Optimization - Trusted by over 300 Shopify store owners)
Contact Us or Hire Us

Stacy_Zhuk
Shopify Partner
424 21 60

This is an accepted solution.

Hello @DaveHorne,

To efficiently manage an inventory of customizable products, you can consider a bundling app like Bundleup. Such apps will help you create and categorize bundled products, as well as provide accurate inventory syncing and stock levels calculation.

For more extensive customization options, consider Bold Product Options app. This app allows you to add an unlimited number of product variants and offers a wide range of other customization features to cater to diverse customer preferences.

Also, you can take a look at Infinite Options by ShopPad Inc app. With this app, you can add unlimited custom product options including text, numbers, calendars, swatches, checkboxes, and dropdown menus.

If none of the available apps meets all of your requirements, consider the possibility of developing a custom app. Custom Shopify development grants you complete control over the features needed.

Please, let me know if you need any assistance.

Best regards,
Anastasia

Co-founder at Whidegroup, e-commerce development company from Ukraine
- 10+ years of experience with SMBs
- Deep expertise in custom development & optimization
E-mail: anastasia@whidegroup.com