What app lets users vote on product designs on Shopify?

Katelyn_Prendiv
Tourist
7 0 2

Posting again in the hope I might get something more relevant!

Looking for an app/solution that will allow us let users vote on product designs. NOT a review app like Yotpo, rather something that will allow us to let website visitors upvote design ideas, similar to what Threadless does. 

Anyone know of a solution for this that would integrate well with Shopify? 

Replies 12 (12)

David_SGA
Shopify Expert
45 4 9

Hi @Katelyn_Prendiv - I had a quick look and couldn't find anything like it in the Shopify App Store. That's something very specific, so I think that it hardly would be a scalable app for a developer to offer on the App Store.

Probably the best solution for you would be to have some Shopify Expert to develop a private app for you store. That's something definitely more expensive than using an app of the shelf, but if this feature is important for your business you might want to think about it. Feel free to reach out in case you'd like a quote for that - I believe you also have some requirements on the backend like:

- have a simple way to add products to be rated

- a good dashboard to overview how the scoring/rating is going for each product/design

etc.

Shopify Expert @ Sounds Good Agency
Like this answer if it helped you
Mark it Accept as Solution to help others find the right answer
Book a Free Call if you want to discuss your project | Follow me @davidsimoes_
Katelyn_Prendiv
Tourist
7 0 2

Thank you very much, David!

Do you know if there's any other software out there (not a Shopify App) that could be integrated with the help of a developer? So meeting somewhere in the middle? 

David_SGA
Shopify Expert
45 4 9

You're right @Katelyn_Prendiv. You can find a lot of different poll solutions which you could use in your store. This one for example, seems simple enough for you to manage by yourself: https://woobox.com/polls

Let me know what you think about it 🙂

Shopify Expert @ Sounds Good Agency
Like this answer if it helped you
Mark it Accept as Solution to help others find the right answer
Book a Free Call if you want to discuss your project | Follow me @davidsimoes_
Adornd_MC
Visitor
1 0 0

@David_SGA - Did this user go through with the customization and if so I'd like something similar as well. Or hopefully there is a good app solution for this type of request now. 

PaulNewton
Shopify Partner
6275 574 1324

@Adornd_MC 

Something like this could be built with usemechanic scripting

https://tasks.mechanic.dev/tutorial-trigger-a-task-from-a-contact-form-using-webhooks 

Best in tandem with logged in customer accounts to track per user voting and minimize abuse.

Merchants interested in exploring that can contact me with use-case and business value impact for estimates.

Otherwise look into the proposed existing solutions, or third party polling services .

Preferably ones that have abuse prevention , https://pollunit.com/en/tutorials/prevent_multiple_participation .

And or lowcode integration services like zapier integromat to wire things together into shopify using metafields on the shop or the products.

Save time & money ,Ask Questions The Smart Way

Confused? Busy? Get the solution you need paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com

Problem Solved? ✔Accept and Like solutions to help future merchants

Answers powered by coffee Buy Paul a Coffee for more answers or donate to eff.org

Sara_Olsher
19 0 0

Did you ever find a solution to this?

Chivs
7 0 0

Hi,

I'm still looking for an app like that !

Someone found a solution ? 🙂

Thanks !

Robert_Tolmach1
Shopify Partner
44 0 18

I saw this app. Will it meet your needs?

https://apps.shopify.com/thumbsup

cccruver37
Visitor
2 0 0

I am working on making it better, but I do this with a google form. 
www.BabyAndBlankets.com

Stacy_Zhuk
Shopify Partner
418 20 60

I've never seen an app with such functionality.
You can think about custom Shopify app development.
Besides, apps that are developed initially pursuing the goals and specifics of a particular online store are definitely more efficient in terms of performance overloads for your store, functional capabilities and usability features.

Co-founder at Whidegroup, e-commerce development company from Ukraine
- 10+ years of experience with SMBs
- Deep expertise in custom development & optimization
E-mail: anastasia@whidegroup.com
PaulNewton
Shopify Partner
6275 574 1324

Product reviews app could just be repurposed for this feature show percentage instead of stars,etc.

There's also having customers "purchase" a free upvote/downvote digital-product related to that specific product ; then just showing purchase counts on the main product page with a side effect this collects info and lowers botting which is the biggest problem with such systems.

Save time & money ,Ask Questions The Smart Way

Confused? Busy? Get the solution you need paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com

Problem Solved? ✔Accept and Like solutions to help future merchants

Answers powered by coffee Buy Paul a Coffee for more answers or donate to eff.org

Robert_Tolmach1
Shopify Partner
44 0 18

Hi Katelyn

There is no need to spend time and money on an app. Here is an easy solution:

• Create a form with Google forms, Survey Monkey, or Jotform (my favorite). Jotform is a great tool. You can ask all sorts of questions, use conditional logic (in Jotform), include photos, etc.  They also have phenomenal support. 
  • Embed it in the product page. You can switch the product description to code mode, and paste the iframe code below your text.
  • Integrate the form into Google sheets to make it easy to see the submissions.

I created a sample for you to see here: https://changingthepresent.org/products/test-embed-in-product?variant=39487094095974