FROM CACHE - en_header

Product Weight and Shipping?

DevMoyer27
1 0 0

I am going to be selling art prints on my shop which only weigh .5 for a Small or 1oz for a large. When packaged one small is 6.5oz and one large is 7oz. My customers usually purchase multiple at a time and I wouldn't want them to have to pay more in shipping prices if i'm only adding in .5 more oz to the package. I'm also using calculated shipping

Do I put .5 as my product weight or include the packing? Is there a way around including the package weight for additional products? 

Reply 1 (1)
Mac
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
719 65 105

Hi, @DevMoyer27!

Thanks for reaching out in our Community forums and for sharing your concern, I’d be happy to help.

I'm happy to hear that you're looking to sell your art prints on Shopify. We have many shipping strategies that you can implement. Since you are using calculated shipping, you need to include the accurate weights for your products so that your customers are charged the correct amount for shipping. After you add weights to your products, you need to ensure that your packaging weights and dimensions are also accurate. For instance, if you need a larger box for more prints, our system will calculate this and charge the customer accordingly. Feel free to check out our guide on adding a package.

I encourage you to explore different methods to your shipping strategy. There are several common methods used by our merchants which include offering free shipping, charging weight based shipping, or providing flat-rate shipping. I suggest checking out this help document to learn more about finding the best shipping options for your business. Once you have a better idea of your costs and strategy, you can set up your shipping rates within Shopify accordingly.

In terms of your store, how far along the setup process are you? The General Checklist is a great tool that will ensure that you have your Shopify store all set up and ready for customers to make purchases on.

Mac | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog