Do I need to supply my own products for selling on Shopify?

JESSICA96
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi All,

sorry  for the silly question. Just want to know that Do I need to sell my own product (like, first buy and then sell to shopify or it would be provided by shopify?

please explain what is the process?

Replies 2 (2)

alizain
Shopify Partner
2 0 0

If you are doing dropshipping, you buy a product from aliexpress, cjdropshipping etc and send it to customer. You can import their products to your store via their apps like oberlo for aliexpress etc and you are ready to go

Trevor
Community Moderator
3391 459 977

Thank you for the answer @alizain !

To build on that answer, Shopify provides you with the essential tools to create and launch your online business; however, we do not have a hand in your day-to-day affairs which would include product sourcing. The products you sell would be managed by you as the business owner. 

You're welcome to sell your own product if you have a product line to sell. Alternatively, if you do not have a product on hand, then you can consider what @alizain suggested, along with print on demand. The difference between the two is that Print on Demand would allow you to place your own design/content onto products, whereas dropshipping allows you to sell already created products. Both dropshipping and print on demand allow you to select products from a supplier, resell the product at an increased cost while leaving the shipping and fulfillment process up to the supplier. Freeing up time for you to focus more on sales, the design of your website, and customer service.

For dropshipping, I would recommend looking at Oberlo as it connects you with suppliers from Ali Express. You can also find other dropshipping apps here. We offer free courses on dropshipping here. 

For print on demand, there are a number of apps you can choose from that offer a wide variety of products. You can view print-on-demand apps here. We offer free courses on print on demand here. 

If you're unsure of what to sell, then you could review what products are currently trending through our blog post here. 

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Trevor | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog