products not showing up in collection page

Solved
alee-takeon
2 0 1

Hi there, brand new to shopify and this is hopefully an easy fix.  I've created manual collections in my store. I've added them to the menu but when I click on them in the preview none of the products are showing up! it says "Sorry, there are no products in this collection"  and I'm not sure why.  They're definitely in there... Any thoughts?  I am using the Jumpstart theme.

Replies 95 (95)
BLYR
1 0 1

THIS FIXED IT!  100% Saved me a bunch of headaches.  Thank you so much. 

Frekkle
Tourist
14 0 3

I had to delete my products and the add them again to fix this!  Glitchy!!!!

Nope, nevermind, it worked for a second and now they're not showing up again! WTH!!!!!!?????

leelee123
1 0 0

I just solved this go to the individual product listing and on the right side where it says- 

SALES CHANNELS AND APPS make sure to select online store at the moment if nothing is selected it will not be live on your page.

Hope this helps!!

HighCastle
1 0 0

I haven't read all the responses, so this may have already been discussed. My issue can be filed in the "should have been obvious" category, but my problem is that all of my products were still in "draft" status. I've been building this store by following Wholesale Ted and I had bounced back and forth in the demonstrated format, so I think I missed that step. Once I switched the product format from "Draft" to "Active" it solved the problem and my products started populating their various collections. 

Frekkle
Tourist
14 0 3

Hey all

So i just had some help from a wonder Shopify Rep - Ryan - Amazing!!!!  Anyhow  he totally fixed this issue for me.

In the Navigation settings/menu area where you have your menu tabs (Accessories, Decor, jewellery, Toys etc)... he removed all tags from each of the menu options and that 100% solved all the problems.  Now when i view my store and click on one of the catalogues...it shows all the products that belong in that catalogue.

I hope that this helps someone else...all else fails, chat with Shopify Peeps....they're fantastic!!! 

RetroReplay
1 0 0

I had the same problem. I added a bunch of products via CSV with no issues. They all automatically went into the correct collection. The collection showed up everywhere, but when I went to add a product not from a CSV file the collection wouldn't appear on the product's page. I couldn't figure it out. I went on chat with support and they reset my collections but that still didn't figure out the problem. However I figured it out with the help of support. 

Collections set to automatic do not show up in the product listing if there is a condition that the product must have a specific keyword associated with the collection. For example you're selling pies. If you dont have PIES as a tag and the collection won't grab it. Since it must meet this as rule to be in the collection it won't show up in the listing. However if you add PIES to the tags and then save the product it will automatically get attached to that collection and you're good to go. 

So ya just make sure that you have your correct keyword as a tag on your CSV file or on your product page. It is odd you can't automatically add and manually add a product to a collection, but this worked for me and solved all my problems.