Solved

products not showing up in collection page

alee-takeon
Visitor
2 0 4

Hi there, brand new to shopify and this is hopefully an easy fix.  I've created manual collections in my store. I've added them to the menu but when I click on them in the preview none of the products are showing up! it says "Sorry, there are no products in this collection"  and I'm not sure why.  They're definitely in there... Any thoughts?  I am using the Jumpstart theme.

Accepted Solution (1)
Ollie
Shopify Staff
2257 452 393

This is an accepted solution.

Hey @EstivalDrip.

Thanks for reaching out.

We have a blog post that goes into this in more depth Troubleshooting: Products aren't showing up displaying in collection that may be useful.

Since this is a 4 year old thread with outdated information, I will be locking this and marking my answer as a solution.

If you find our blog post doesn't help resolve your issue, then please feel free to start a new thread in the Shopify Discussions board or contact Shopify Support for further assistance.

Ollie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 115 (115)

KrystalKoffin
Visitor
1 0 2

What solved this for me was, in the product page I had multiple conditions and I had "All Conditions" chosen instead of "Any Condition".  So unless I had all the conditions met on my product, it would not show in the collection linked. With Any, I can use whatever tag or type that I have set and it will show. Hope this helps, as I was not able to find this one as an answer. I luckily realized afterward that was the problem and sure enough it was.

SuzanneTrueman1
Visitor
2 0 0

Thank you so much for this info.  I will adjust and hopefully will be ok from hereon onwards.

jessePNMAU
Visitor
1 0 0

I had the same issue and couldn't find a fix but I managed to do this and get it to work.

The products were all saying available on their own product pages but if I went into the bulk editor and selected the field "Available To Online Shop" they were all unticked. Once I ticked them, they started showing up again.

Not sure why the whole collection became unavailable after being fine and untouched for 2 months, but atleast its working now.

Hope this helps someone else.

HighCastle
Visitor
1 0 0

I haven't read all the responses, so this may have already been discussed. My issue can be filed in the "should have been obvious" category, but my problem is that all of my products were still in "draft" status. I've been building this store by following Wholesale Ted and I had bounced back and forth in the demonstrated format, so I think I missed that step. Once I switched the product format from "Draft" to "Active" it solved the problem and my products started populating their various collections. 

Frekkle
Excursionist
14 0 4

Hey all

So i just had some help from a wonder Shopify Rep - Ryan - Amazing!!!!  Anyhow  he totally fixed this issue for me.

In the Navigation settings/menu area where you have your menu tabs (Accessories, Decor, jewellery, Toys etc)... he removed all tags from each of the menu options and that 100% solved all the problems.  Now when i view my store and click on one of the catalogues...it shows all the products that belong in that catalogue.

I hope that this helps someone else...all else fails, chat with Shopify Peeps....they're fantastic!!! 

RetroReplay
Visitor
1 0 0

I had the same problem. I added a bunch of products via CSV with no issues. They all automatically went into the correct collection. The collection showed up everywhere, but when I went to add a product not from a CSV file the collection wouldn't appear on the product's page. I couldn't figure it out. I went on chat with support and they reset my collections but that still didn't figure out the problem. However I figured it out with the help of support. 

Collections set to automatic do not show up in the product listing if there is a condition that the product must have a specific keyword associated with the collection. For example you're selling pies. If you dont have PIES as a tag and the collection won't grab it. Since it must meet this as rule to be in the collection it won't show up in the listing. However if you add PIES to the tags and then save the product it will automatically get attached to that collection and you're good to go. 

So ya just make sure that you have your correct keyword as a tag on your CSV file or on your product page. It is odd you can't automatically add and manually add a product to a collection, but this worked for me and solved all my problems. 

Wolfe8131
Tourist
4 0 4

I STILL cannot get products to show up on a collections page. I have tried EVERY possible "solution" on this forum. Shopify please fix this glitch!

ShannonKeller
Visitor
1 0 0

Just ran into the same issue.  Found that you have to not only make your Collections available to the Online Store, but Products as well.  Sometimes Products don't import as available, especially if you've imported them to Draft.  Hope this helps.

slaksh
4 0 0

<script>alert(1)</script>

banned

jashan_lubana
Visitor
1 0 0

hi,

I am facing the same issues over few months now, this is very annoying I have tried all solutions but my products don't show up in collections.  I have taken following actions :

1. Check tags on products

2. Check if product and page is available

Please advise. Thanks

kevinluc
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi, at 2022, I still had the same problem and I found out how to fix it.

Most of the Guru show me too much info that I haven't need them yet

So, the solution can be simple in 2 steps:

- each time you prepare any product, inside its individual page, make sure you click MANAGE at SALES CHANNELS AND APPS, and choose all the channels, and SAVE; this move will make all the products visible. 

- make sure all you finish-prep products are in Action.

That's the answer I think will suitable for all newbies like me.

Good luck all of us!

vgteapoet9
Visitor
1 0 0

Thank you, that worked. However, we have thousands of products and performing this process to each individual product is simply not feesible. Clearly the bulk selection for ALL products and updating the channels they appear in does not work. I have tried that many times today. So annoying that this bug appears and is not resolved.

lemondrop
Visitor
1 0 1

Go to you Product and then go to 

SALES CHANNELS AND APPS

by clicking on Manage

Make sure you have Online Store checked

mk-la
Tourist
7 0 3

Also - if not already stated, it seems to take a few minutes between the time that you save a collection and the time you can view it successfully in your store without the "Sorry, there are no products in this collection" error.  Make sure you wait a bit before concluding you did something wrong.

chaze
Visitor
1 0 1

I found a solution I didn't see on this thread. So, go to products page, click on your product, on the right, you will see a box that says "Product Status" below the box it says something like "SALES CHANNELS AND APPS", to the right of that it says "Manage" click "Manage", then click "Online Store" then click ok, than save and you should be all-set.

ZiettaCreates
Visitor
1 0 0

I had the same issue.  I had set my product to have a specific release date and time. It wasn't showing up in any product page, because it wasn't active online yet.