products not showing up in collection page

Solved
alee-takeon
2 0 1

Hi there, brand new to shopify and this is hopefully an easy fix.  I've created manual collections in my store. I've added them to the menu but when I click on them in the preview none of the products are showing up! it says "Sorry, there are no products in this collection"  and I'm not sure why.  They're definitely in there... Any thoughts?  I am using the Jumpstart theme.

Replies 104 (104)
AGriffith7
1 0 1

Hello, I am having the same issue.  I have main collections and then sub-collections.  Example main collection "TOPS" sub-collection "Sweaters".  On each item I have linked the main collection "Top" and sub-collection "Sweater" for each item if it applies.  When I go to my website and click on "TOP" it only drops down the sub-menu to show "Sweaters" and the other sub categories.  And then when I select "sweaters" from the drop down menu, it is empty.  I am not using any tags and I am entering everything manually.  If you go to my collections, all items show in the collection correctly, but do not show on the website.  All the items are published to all the sells channels as well.  My goal was to click on the main collection and show all the items that apply and if the customer wants to narrow it down, they can by selecting the collection in the sub-menu.  Why is this not working? 

KimM
Tourist
6 0 3

You will probably have to do what I said in my reply earlier. I think there is a glitch in Shopify where if you do all your set up first, then publish your product it doesnt connect properly and the items cannot be seen. If you do it the other way - publish the item, then add to the collections, it seems to be fine.

NoraJ
2 0 1
I changed to manual and kept having the same problems as you so I finally
deleted all of my collections and started over with automated. Then
everything worked as long as I had the collection tag on it.
beikuo
Tourist
11 0 1

It happened to me, some of the items in the collection didn't show up on the website. I tried to created another collection dedicated to the ones aren't showing and it didn't even show on the website. What ended up works for me is that I add items into collection "manually" instead of automated! Hope it helps!

jonsawyer87
1 0 0

Had the same problem. Removing from the collection, saving,  and then adding it back to the collection worked for me.

dawnjones
1 0 0

I am having the same issue.  Has anyone fixed this?

mikea001
Excursionist
31 0 9
Hi dawn,

See KimM’s solution in this thread - remove product from collection and then add it again. Fixed
connieandrick
2 0 0
Same issues here has anyone had any help
Janyce
2 0 0

I've tried all of the suggestions given previously - and my one of my menu collection just defaults to the main page instead of bringing up the product.   All the other collection options set up previously work just fine.    I'm running the Minimal Template with the Mega Buddah menu app.    I haven't done anything different from previously - 

Any ideas or help on this?

Zhopzi
Tourist
3 0 2

Had the same problem...This worked for me:

1) Go to Collections

2) Tick the box next to the relevant collection (left handside)

3) Select 'Actions'

4) Select 'Make collections available'

I was sure it already was available as indicated WITHIN the full collection menu, but this did the trick for me at least.

chuksbanor
2 0 0
Thank you Lizzy, I am new in the business. My problem is that I don't even understand how to set collections. I was able to set navigation but the collection aspect confuses me. Thank your wonderful explanation.
Wrexil
2 1 2

This is an accepted solution.

Anyone know when shopify is going to fix this issue? This just started happening for me recently. I unchecked the item in the collection, and unchecked my tag, then published, then checked all collections and tags again, then published again. Seems to be showing up in collection, but not my tag's. If i have to do this for every product i will be so unhappy with Shopify!! SHOPIFY PLEASE FIX THIS!!!

@Zhopzi wrote:

1) Go to Collections

3) Select 'Actions'

I was sure it already was available as indicated WITHIN the full collection menu, but this did the trick for me at least.

@Zhopzi wrote:

1) Go to Collections

3) Select 'Actions'

MK-Zion
1 0 0

Hello,

I had the same issue. But, what worked for me:

• Online Store
  • Theme
  • Customize
  • Featured collection
  • Collection ----> Change
  • Home Page (since that's where I put everything I wanted to show on the main page)

I hope this helps!

aparker1
7 0 0

My items are not showing up under my collections on the website. When I click on the dropdowns, the product flashes up when then goes away and says "No product found in this collection" on the website. Is there something in the coding that is causing this issue. Help! Items are not showing on our website.

Booktides
Tourist
3 0 1

Hi

Thanks for all the advice on here - I've been gleaning from you all! I've been having a problem with products appearing then disappearing from collections. I found my solution today. Under each collection & the options for "Products must match:" I had checked "all conditions". I have now changed that to "any conditions" & all my products are now showing up. Before this, I also removed any tags I'd attached to the collections & this also solved my problem partially. But I needed to do both to get all my products showing in all the different collections. Hope this is helpful to someone!

Karzvdb
2 0 1

Thanks for the explanation. I have checked all of these things but my products are still not showing up under my collection. I'm not sure why. Is there anything else which could be causing this? 

Booktides
Tourist
3 0 1
Hi Karzvdb. Really sorry to hear that. I can’t think of anything else that
might help myself, except all the usual - making sure the collection
keywords are exactly the same, including same upper/lowercase as on the
listings. Have you been in touch with Shopify? Their online chat is a good
option & I’ve always found them very helpful, even following up with email
afterwards if the issue isn’t resolved. I’d definitely recommend getting in
touch with them. Do hope you can get this sorted out. There’s usually a way
through in the end : )
MsYolaB68
1 0 0

I'm having the same problem. I create the collections but only a few items randomly show up. Everything is in the catalog but not the assigned collection. I don't know how to  fix it. 

Booktides
Tourist
3 0 1

Hi & sorry for the delay. Besides the things already suggested in this discussion, the other fix I discovered was in the product variants. If you name your own variant, that causes problems. It's best to use the given variants. I found 'Style' covers most of my needs.

Besides this, I can suggest not adding tags to the box that pops up regarding collections. Sorry, I can't remember when & where this happens but it's best not to add tags there (though of course do add them within the editing of collections otherwise no products will show up). Hope this helps. If not, do contact Shopify support. They're very good.

Esuite
1 0 1

For those who may be stuck on this and have already done what was available in this thread. What you want to do is be sure that your products are added to your available sales channels. Go into products, select the products that are not showing up in your collections, and/or your site, go to "more actions" then click on "Add to available Channels". This is probably the fix you are looking for.