Purchased Prebuilt Shopify Store

MeliMel
Visitor
3 0 0

Hi everyone,

I don't know if I should have done this, but may be someone can help me with this.  I purchased a prebuilt store but did not buy the training program to learn to do the selling process.  Should I continue with this set up or get my own set up started?

Replies 3 (3)

Trevor
Community Moderator
3391 459 979

@MeliMel 

Great question! To help provide the best possible answer, would you mind letting me know where you bought the store from? I also have a few other questions if you don't mind!

• What training courses were you provided?
  • Was the store built and designed for your product niche?

Trevor | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

MeliMel
Visitor
3 0 0

Hi Trevor, 

Thank you so much for getting back with me.  I do apologized for the time frame of getting back just been so tried.  Anyway I got the store for $17 from Mikey Kass on YouTube.  It would cost $1500 to get his coaching I don't have at this time (one time fee).  Yes, it is a niche store which I can see it being pretty good niche. It's Camping gear.  To make it my own I changed the name, the email, and contact information.  

My thing is should I be making any changes at all and if so what?  Can you help guide me or someone?

Trevor
Community Moderator
3391 459 979

@MeliMel 

If the store is already prebuilt, then I don't suspect you'd need to make any changes to it, unless you're wanting to create a more specific voice/appearance for your brand. More information on how you can find your brand's voice and tone can be found through this third-party blog post. 

I'd first start getting familiar with the Shopify admin, the products you offer, and how you connect with your supplier. When you purchased the store, did they tell you where you'd source your products? 

Shopify also offers several free courses that help new and existing business owners learn more about Shopify and how to operate an online business. I would recommend reviewing the courses we offer and signing up for the ones you think will help. You can find the full directory of courses here. If you're dropshipping, then I would recommend starting with our dropshipping courses. 

Another key area to start thinking about is your social media as this will be a way to build your brand, connect with your target audience and create both free and paid marketing. You can use platforms such as Instagram, Youtube, Facebook, and Pinterest for your business.  Our blog post on how to create a social media marketing strategy will help with this. 

We can offer general guidance on your business; however, for specific questions that are more unique to your business and how it'll operate, you may want to consider hiring someone. You can also create a new thread on the Community forums with your questions to connect with other business owners who can offer their assistance. 

Feel free to provide any questions you have and I'll answer them to the best of my abilities!

Trevor | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog