Solved

QR Code Email Collection

Canlee
Visitor
2 0 1

Is there a way to generate a QR Code that would allow people to add their emails to my Shopify email list?  I would need to print it and have it on display. TIA

Accepted Solution (1)

Iris
Shopify Staff
810 66 93

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Canlee ,

That's a great question. This is possible with our free QR Code Generator that you can use as much as you want. For your specific case, you can create a QR Code that, when scanned by your customers, brings them to your newsletter sign-up page (or your home page).

There are also many app solutions to achieve this. Releasit QR Code Generator offers fully customizable designs. This app says that it allows customers to scan QR Code from their invoices or packing slip, and they are being automatically subscribed to your newsletter.

It’s a fantastic option to allow your customers to sign up for your newsletter with just a scan! You can install the app for free from the Shopify App Store here.

Let me know what you think.

Iris | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 4 (4)

Iris
Shopify Staff
810 66 93

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Canlee ,

That's a great question. This is possible with our free QR Code Generator that you can use as much as you want. For your specific case, you can create a QR Code that, when scanned by your customers, brings them to your newsletter sign-up page (or your home page).

There are also many app solutions to achieve this. Releasit QR Code Generator offers fully customizable designs. This app says that it allows customers to scan QR Code from their invoices or packing slip, and they are being automatically subscribed to your newsletter.

It’s a fantastic option to allow your customers to sign up for your newsletter with just a scan! You can install the app for free from the Shopify App Store here.

Let me know what you think.

Canlee
Visitor
2 0 1

Thank you Iris.  I followed your instructions and it worked.  Out of curiosity, where do the emails go when customers sign-up for our newsletter?

Iris
Shopify Staff
810 66 93

Hi again @Canlee , 

That's a great question! After a customer accepts marketing from your online store, their email address or phone number is displayed on the Customers page of your Shopify admin. To list only the customers who agreed to receive promotional content through email, you can click the default Email subscribers segment or create a new customer segment to list specific types of customers who accepted email marketing.

16-14-98467-20338

There is some more detailed information here on how you can collect customer emails, just for some further reading.

Have you taken a look at Shopify Email yet? You can create email marketing campaigns with Shopify Email from directly within the admin, it's handy and saves a bunch of time! There is more info on Shopify Email here and information on how to manage your email subscribers list

There is a lot of info and links above, feel free to read through things in your own time! Pop back here if you have any questions, I'm happy to chat with you about any questions you may have.

aniqbhai
Visitor
1 0 0

I will make Qr code scanner Smart work and professional work