"403 Forbidden"- message when trying to access webshop

OIZYS
Visitor
2 0 1

After reading into this problem for days now, I've understood that there's probably a problem with the SSL or my domain connection or something, but I can't get it to work. I've tried everything from editing my DNS to make sure the domain is pointing to Shopifys IP adress, to trying to sign up to cloudflare (which didn't work) in hope that maybe they could help. I've probably read every post and thread there is about this problem, both in shopify community, reddit, cloudflare community etc.
Please help!Skärmavbild 2019-12-10 kl. 19.03.01.png

Replies 11 (11)

Katy
Shopify Staff
779 43 178

Hi, @OIZYS !

Katy here from Shopify. I hope all is well with you and sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your domain.

I do see what you mean here:

11-29-p8h4r-el15p

I have checked on your domain records and can see that this does not appear to be pointing to our records at the moment.

A Record:

11-32-h4rwx-j28ta

CNAME (Example 'www')

11-34-yjki1-xg671

Is your domain currently with Cloudflare? With the error that you are seeing, it usually indicates that the domain is not set up correctly, or that there is an additional A Record in your DNS settings. Would you be able to check on this within your domain dashboard or with your provider? 

Would you also be able to adjust this to point to our own records? To do so you will need:

• An A record for your root domain (without the www's) to point to 23.227.38.65
  • A CNAME record for your "www" subdomain to point to shops.myshopify.com

We have some more detailed info on this for you here. Once you set up your domain to point to Shopify, it can take some time (up to 24 hours) for an SSL to be issued. If we see that your domain is pointing correctly, we can manually issue this for you from our side also.

In the meantime, you may like to set your primary domain to your .myshopify.com domain name. This will allow you access to your store while you wait for your custom domain to be set up correctly. 

Do let me know how this goes for you, or if you need a hand. 

Cheers,

Katy

Please note: This account is no longer regularly monitored.
 - If you need assistance please do start a new topic (referencing an older topic/post if you find this helpful).
 - Thank you for your understanding. We hope you enjoy exploring the Community.
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog.

wpbdante1
Visitor
2 0 0
Can you please help me
Katy
Shopify Staff
779 43 178

Hey, @wpbdante1 !

Thanks for joining in here and apologies for the delay in getting back to you!

I'd love to help guide you where I can. Could you please share a link to your store and clarify if you are experiencing the same difficulty? 

If so, have you been able to cross check your domain settings as per my reply above? There is a tool to help with this here. I recommend checking on this and ensuring your domain is set up following this guide here

Do let me know how this goes. If you would prefer to chat with a member of our team in real time we do have live support via chat, email, and twitter and also via Messenger too. 

Cheers,

Katy

Please note: This account is no longer regularly monitored.
 - If you need assistance please do start a new topic (referencing an older topic/post if you find this helpful).
 - Thank you for your understanding. We hope you enjoy exploring the Community.
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog.

exodus123Kid
Visitor
1 0 0

Im having the same issue. 

However Now my site is appearing (when it wants too)  DeskTop does not shop, mobile other devices the site shows.

Domain is with 123-reg, Ive pointing it to the correct details as followed. exodusafrica.co.uk

When site does show, works until the checkout section I get 403 Forbidden error.

I've only just put my shopify domain link as the primary as a way around, but do I still have to wait for 24hrs? to see if this works or not? 

Should I transfer over to goDaddy? or this wont make much point?

Thanks

TeddoPlay
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi Katy,

Thanks for all the info, I have just checked everything and my servers are pointing to shopify but I have recently started to get this same error. Please could you check this for me? My website is: https://www.teddo-play.com

Many thanks,

Keisha

David01801
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi Katy,

It seems Government Agencies can't access our shopify main domain site (endaq.com), and get the following message:

403 Forbidden - Cloudflare

I currently have a Godaddy domain name pointing to shopify. It's A Record is 23.227.38.32. Should it be 23.227.38.65?

Also, should the C Name for www point to endaq.myshopify.com, or shops.myshopify.com

Thanks

hamamci
Visitor
2 0 0

A record should be 23.227.38.65

cname www record shops.myshopify.com

David01801
Visitor
2 0 0

Thank you. Seems to be working now. Much appreciated.

Amer3
Visitor
1 0 0

Hey @Katy 

It looks like we are having the same issue. Our current site Silagen.biz is showing the 403 forbidden error. We changed the cname (www) to shops.myshopify.com as suggested but wanted to see if everything looked clear and how to resolve it.

abdullad
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello Katy,

I found,

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access this resource.

message when I access my shopify store.

Please have a look: https://magiclinen.com/robots.txt

SHAAKIRA
Tourist
15 0 2

Good morning,

My domain connection is verified but when i try to access my store it gives an error 403 forbidden message.

Please advise?

www.queenstyle.co.za