"Instagram account has not been confirmed" on my shopify

"Instagram account has not been confirmed" on my shopify

farahseif
Visitor
1 0 0

I have been trying to confirm my instagram account on my shopify but have failed. 

Please let me know if you have experienced something similar and how you fixed it!

Thanks in advance 🙂

Screen Shot 2022-02-08 at 12.41.17.png

Replies 13 (13)

Victoria
Shopify Staff
2274 154 262

Hi, @farahseif.

Thanks for reaching out in the community and including a screenshot of what you're seeing on your end.

To gather some insight here, you've setup your Facebook Sales Channel. Now you're in the process of trying to connect your Instagram account to Shopify to enable Instagram Shopping?

I understand that this is an important feature to have setup so that your customers can browse and shop your products on Instagram. To ensure that your Instagram account can be connected, there are requirements that your business must meet. For better visibility, I'll share them below.

Requirements for Instagram:

To view the full list of eligibility requirements, I'll share our resource on Requirements for selling with checkout on Facebook and Instagram.

After reviewing the above eligibility requirements for Instagram, could you try following the steps for setting up Instagram Shopping. Please let us know if you run into any additional errors after following the requirements and steps. 

Victoria | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

tulaandtye
Visitor
1 0 1

Hi there,

I'm having the same issue with the same error message. It's not to do with instagram shopping, but the preview of the Instagram feed on the Shopify website so that customers can explore our instagram page when shopping on our site. Mine used to show up so not sure what has happened.... Screenshot 2022-02-15 at 11.13.55.png

Victoria
Shopify Staff
2274 154 262

Hi, @tulaandtye!

Happy to help you out today and take a closer look at what is currently happening. I understand receiving this error message is not ideal. Your customers should be able to preview your Instagram feed while shopping on your website.

I'd love to hear more about how your business started, what products do you sell and if there's any other areas of your store you need assistance with.

First, you'll want to ensure that your Instagram account is set up to be a Business account. This can be done directly within Instagram to convert your professional profile to a Business account. You can follow the steps in this help resource from Instagram on how to set up a business account

Second, your Instagram account must be connected to a Facebook Page. I'll share Instagram's resource here to help you connect your Instagram account to a Facebook page.

To gather a bit of context, does this error message appear when you preview your store in a fresh Shopify theme? The reason I recommend this option is to see if the error message is directly related to your theme or any code applied within your theme. By previewing within a fresh Shopify theme, there are no edits or adjustments made.

You mentioned the error message populating on your storefront is not associated with Instagram Shopping. May I ask what app are you using to generate your Instagram feed on your store? As per the screenshot you've shared, it looks like you may need to log in directly to the third-party app and reconnect your Instagram account. You can do this by navigating to your Shopify admin > Apps section, clicking into the app and reconnecting your Instagram account. If this step does not resolve the error, you can try uninstalling and reinstalling the app and proceed with reconnecting your Instagram account.

Since this may be an app that you're using to generate your Instagram feed, I recommend reaching out to the third-party app developer directly. They will be in the best position possible to guide you on how the app works and functions with other apps or features you have on your store. You can follow the steps within our help resource on getting help with third-party apps to contact the app developer.

Lastly, I wanted to share our Shopify Blog resource on a checklist for new entrepreneurs. Within this resource, there's a section for Instagram where it guides you on how to format your posts, using relevant hashtags related to your business and app recommendations to help you curate creative content for your feed! 

Victoria | Shopify 

westcottage
Visitor
2 0 0

having the same issue. did you ever find a solution?

Victoria
Shopify Staff
2274 154 262

Hi, @westcottage.

Thanks for being part of the thread.

Could you share what issues you're having with Instagram and a screenshot of the error for better visibility?

Thanks! 

Victoria | Shopify 

westcottage
Visitor
2 0 0

im having the same issue. did you ever find a solution?

ma66
Visitor
3 0 0

I'm having exactly the same issue. Instagram posts were showing fine all the time and today disappeared and have the same exactly error message that account has not been confirmed. Has anyone has found the resolution? Looks like multiple people are experiencing the same issue. 

ClareDuffy
Visitor
3 0 0

I'm also having the same issue and it has been this way for some time with no reply from Shopify when I have sent emails to Support. I have a Creator account on Instagram. I have tried to uninstall and reinstall and nothing changes. I am wondering if we need to use a separate app altogether to allow for an Instagram Feed to show. For eg. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxwHEstju8M&t=380s you could skip ahead to the 4mins 30sec of the video.  

RandomlyGen
4 0 0

Did you find an answer to this problem?

ma66
Visitor
3 0 0
No complaint though. Am just grateful that it is working now.

DaniAG
Excursionist
33 0 3

I'm having the same issue... it seems I used to have an app that allows my insta feed to be displayed on my website and the app is not there...I can't remember its name tho... has anyone fixed the issue?

RandomlyGen
4 0 0

I think that was my problem too - the app I was using seemed to have disappeared. I've just switched to using Instafeed instead.

DaniAG
Excursionist
33 0 3

I went to apps section, clicked on the app that links the Insta feed with Shopify and re-entered my Insta link in the app and it worked!