Solved

"Potentially Violating Personal Data Sent to Facebook" pixel issue

Carof_Del_Ama
Tourist
7 1 3

Hello!

Apparently, Facebook detected Credit Card data that appeared as "pr_rec_pid" coming from PageView events in the URL Query Parameter. Facebook says I need to update those URL's query parameters and to look where the specific parameter is shown to get it removed and solve the problem. They also explained that Credit Card data should never be sent to Facebook, so obviously I need to remove this data from those website URL's to help prevent this from occurring but I have no idea how to do it.

Since it says this issue may impact the performance of any ads optimizing on affected events, including those used in Custom Audiences or custom conversions, it is a big concern for my business.

I appreciate your help!

Thanks!

C.

Accepted Solution (1)
Carof_Del_Ama
Tourist
7 1 3

This is an accepted solution.

Hello!

Yes! Apparently when you remove the “You may also like…" feature from your Shopify theme it resolves the issue. It took a couple of days for Facebook to remove the flag.

I hope this helps 😉

C.

View solution in original post

Replies 7 (7)

charovetchy
Excursionist
11 0 4

Hi, I have the same issue 😞

Did you manage to resolve this? Thank you! 

Carof_Del_Ama
Tourist
7 1 3

This is an accepted solution.

Hello!

Yes! Apparently when you remove the “You may also like…" feature from your Shopify theme it resolves the issue. It took a couple of days for Facebook to remove the flag.

I hope this helps 😉

C.
charovetchy
Excursionist
11 0 4
Thank you so much for getting back to me! I will try that!
UnicusMan
Visitor
2 0 0

H! Did this workaround fix the Error on FB ? Have the same message here and my retarget Ads suffered.

Thanks a lot for your reply.

Javier

Carof_Del_Ama
Tourist
7 1 3
Hello!

My issue was resolved. In my case,I removed the “You may also like…" feature from my Shopify theme. It took a couple of days for Facebook to remove the flag.

I hope this help you as well!😉

C.
charovetchy
Excursionist
11 0 4

I tried everything that I found on shopify support but the I still have the issue showing in violations. What's frustrating is that the URL'S with the issue are for FACEBOOK catalog products from IG. So if someone clicks on a product from our IG shop, and then clicks on the URL, this click will show up on the pixel diagnostic as a violation/potential issue. All the URL's affected end up with the below. I have contacted FB and Shopify and both don't know how to fix this. still looking for a solution. 

utm_content=_removed_&variant=_removed_&utm_source=IGShopping&utm_medium=Social&_filteredParams=_remov

Carof_Del_Ama
Tourist
7 1 3
Hello!

I am so sorry, I know it is frustrating but unfortunately that was not my issue so I don’t know how to help you.

Have you tried typing or searching for a solution in Google using the exacts words of the alleged violation? Have you tried searching this issue in Facebook Developer’s Community?

In my case, once I deactivated the “You may also like…" feature from my Shopify theme, it took a couple of days to Facebook remove the alleged violation from my account.

I hope you can fix this issue as soon as possible! 🙂

C.