"This order can't be shipped to your location. Contact the store for more information."

Weterman
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi Shopify Community,

I think I have multiple issues going on here, but my main issue is that I'm not able to ship anywhere. I keep getting the following message: "This order can't be shipped to your location. Contact the store for more information."

So after watching some videos I tried messing around with Shipping rates (which I have set at $0 currently) and then that lead me to inventory. All my inventory is linked to my home address but I'm dropshipping products from Aliexpress and CJDropshipping - I have no inventory at my home address. However, I'm unable to switch the inventory over from my home address - and even if I'm able to I don't know what source to connect my inventory to.

I'm just really confused at this point. Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks 🙂

Replies 2 (2)

JoesIdeas
Shopify Expert
2195 201 588

I've see this happen before when the product was not included in the shipping configuration.

I believe we solved this by going to the shipping rates (in Settings > Shipping) and adding the product(s) to that rate.

I would do that for 1 country / shipping zone and then test it by adding product to cart and enter an address in that zone. If it works, then you can apply that same process to your other ship zones.

• Creator of Order Automator (automate tagging, fulfillment, Amazon, notifications + more)
• Shopify developer for 10+ years, store owner for 7 years
• I also make guides like Shopify Automation Tips and How to Deal with Fraud / Chargebacks

Shay
Shopify Staff
2780 440 566

Hi @Weterman 

I understand that you are having some issues with your shipping rates and that your customers aren't able to checkout at this time. This can be a bit tricky to get setup when using dropshippers, but I have some suggestions that should help.

The first thing to check, and this may require help from the dropshipping providers you are using, is to ensure that your product fulfillment is setup properly. When reviewing the product details either in the product information itself or through the bulk editor, you should be able to confirm that the inventory is managed and fulfilled by your dropshipper. It should look like the screenshot below. If it does not, please contact your supplier directly for support in relinking the products to their fulfillment service.

21-21-53251-65077

Once you have confirmed the fulfillment is being handled by your dropshipper, the next step is to ensure that their fulfillment centers are enabled for shipping. Your personal business location, from your home address, is normal and expected. If you are dropshipping from a supplier that is integrated into your store directly, you should see those as alternate locations that you can't change. They can only be edited or removed by the app they are connected to. You can see this in your store admin under Settings > Locations. I'll share another screenshot of what I am referring to:

21-26-40803-7241

As we can see in the screenshot above, I have my own warehouse locations and then my third party fulfillment apps have their own locations outside of that. 

The last step in this process is to then enable the app locations for shipping. To do this head over to Settings > Shipping and manage the rates for your shipping profile(s) (You may just have the general one, which is fine). At the bottom of the page where you manage your shipping rates will be a section "Not Shipping From". If any of your apps are listed in that section but you are selling products through them, you will want to make sure you add rates. You will have an option to duplicate your existing rates for quick enablement. 

21-32-25294-25383

Once that step is done, make sure to save and test the checkout once more. As long as the order qualifies for your shipping rates, the checkout and shipping should be working as expected. If not, let me know and we can continue troubleshooting this. 

-Shay

Shay | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog