Solved

"This product ships internationally"

TellyTubby
Excursionist
16 1 3

Theme Dawn. I'm sure this tick box option "This product ships internationally" has only recently appeared when I come to Add a Product.

I'm worried that it might also have appeared on all my other items (60,000+) as it is defaulted to unticked.

I want to ship all products Internationally.

However, when I tick it, save, exit, then come back again, it is unticked.

International.jpg

Is there an option to default this to "ticked"?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

TIA

Accepted Solution (1)

Ablestar_Daniel
Shopify Partner
77 9 15

This is an accepted solution.

I'm pretty sure that the "This product ships internationally" checkbox is just a visual toggle for the two fields below it (Country of Origin and HS Code). If, for example, you set the Country of Origin and save the product, the box should stay selected.

Also, in the Shopify API we're not seeing a 'product ships internationally' field, just the Country of Origin and HS Code fields.

It's possible this might change later but for now it seems like checking the box doesn't actually change anything with the product, it just shows/hides the two fields below it. If either of those fields are set then, the box will show as checked when you reload the page.

Founder @ Ablestar ✦
Manage product data, spreadsheets, Google Shopping data, and metafields with Ablestar Bulk Product Editor. Use previews, undos, and automations to be confident your product data is correct.
Please don't forget to Like and Mark Solution to the post that helped you. Thanks!

View solution in original post

Replies 5 (5)

Finchleywatches
Visitor
2 0 0

Same question here!

I cannot seem to bulk edit it either.

Ablestar_Daniel
Shopify Partner
77 9 15

This is an accepted solution.

I'm pretty sure that the "This product ships internationally" checkbox is just a visual toggle for the two fields below it (Country of Origin and HS Code). If, for example, you set the Country of Origin and save the product, the box should stay selected.

Also, in the Shopify API we're not seeing a 'product ships internationally' field, just the Country of Origin and HS Code fields.

It's possible this might change later but for now it seems like checking the box doesn't actually change anything with the product, it just shows/hides the two fields below it. If either of those fields are set then, the box will show as checked when you reload the page.

Founder @ Ablestar ✦
Manage product data, spreadsheets, Google Shopping data, and metafields with Ablestar Bulk Product Editor. Use previews, undos, and automations to be confident your product data is correct.
Please don't forget to Like and Mark Solution to the post that helped you. Thanks!
TellyTubby
Excursionist
16 1 3

Hi Daniel, thanks for your prompt response, but my main question remains: If this box is not checked, are my items available/visible Internationally?

Thanks again,

A~

Charles_Marks
Shopify Partner
8 0 1

I am pretty sure from Daniel's answer that this field does not matter.  I had the same thought/question but I have sites where this is never ticked and we happily ship internationally.

TellyTubby
Excursionist
16 1 3

Thanks Charles, I'll accept your second opinion and proceed without ticking the box in future. 

Regards