Solved

"Too many failed attempts" Error when enter to my shop

danielcorrea
Explorer
56 0 15

Hi, my store has been inaccessible for more than an hour due to the following error: Too many failed attempts: Please try again in 10 minutes. Today I locked my store with password, and until the error appeared I could access through it without any problem. Please help me urgently. I have already cleared the cache, tried logging in from other browsers and even talked to the helpdesk in chat.

Captura.JPG

Accepted Solution (1)
Kimi
Shopify Staff
1511 169 261

This is an accepted solution.

Our developers have since pushed out a fix, so this issue should no longer occur. You can go through some local troubleshooting steps to begin with, such as visiting the store via incognito window and clearing your browser's cookies and cache, if you're still experiencing the issue on your end.

If after local troubleshooting the issue still persists, please contact our live support team via the Help Center by typing contact support in the chat box, and following the prompts given by the virtual chat assistant. Our live support team can take a closer look at the issue further and, if required, escalate your case to our dedicated technical team for a more in-depth investigation.

Since this is the next step I've marked this reply as a solution for the benefit of others who may discover this topic.

Kimi | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 20 (20)

damage
Tourist
8 0 2

Had the same issue?

Kimi
Shopify Staff
1511 169 261

Hi @danielcorrea and @damage.

Thanks for posting in our Community Forums about this.

I can confirm that our developers are aware of a current issue with password-protected stores, where merchants are encountering the Too many failed attempts error message. This error will show up whether or not the store's password is entered correctly.

Our developers are currently working diligently to push a fix for it however, so to help them further asses the situation to your account specifically, are you able to contact our internal support team? They'll be able to then also hold on to your support tickets on their end, and update you as needed once they have more information about the situation.

To contact our live support team, you can navigate to our Help Center here and type contact support in the chat box. The chat assistant will then guide you to select a store, after which you'll be connected to one of our live support team members.

matslbbrbbr
Visitor
2 0 4

Having the same issue, please resolve🙏

valentin27
Shopify Partner
2 0 0

Hi Kimi,

Any ETA on when it should be fixed? 

Kimi
Shopify Staff
1511 169 261

This is an accepted solution.

Our developers have since pushed out a fix, so this issue should no longer occur. You can go through some local troubleshooting steps to begin with, such as visiting the store via incognito window and clearing your browser's cookies and cache, if you're still experiencing the issue on your end.

If after local troubleshooting the issue still persists, please contact our live support team via the Help Center by typing contact support in the chat box, and following the prompts given by the virtual chat assistant. Our live support team can take a closer look at the issue further and, if required, escalate your case to our dedicated technical team for a more in-depth investigation.

Since this is the next step I've marked this reply as a solution for the benefit of others who may discover this topic.

Amiaug
Visitor
1 0 0

What is the current ETA this will be working again?

Marissao6
Excursionist
21 0 4

I have the same issue, please resolve

MarkG_Aus
Shopify Partner
2 0 4

We are having the same issue but only from certain IP addresses it seems - some of us are able to access, but not others.  Shopify confirmed to me via chat it is an internal issue, their dev team are aware and working on a fix - no ETA given at this stage.

billablej
Shopify Partner
3 0 3

I have the same issue on mine, only when it's password protected

val23ali
Shopify Partner
2 0 2

Same here!

Slugtownstore
Visitor
1 0 1

Having the same issue. Our store was password protected, have now removed password and we can't access the store at all. The error "this site can't provide a secure connection" appears on the browser window

Urbi
Visitor
2 0 1

Hi there,

same here. But when I use a different network like mobile phone connection it works as usual.

Just fyi.

Seems to be IP related. But yes, would be great if shopify could fix it asap 😉

Thx

Urbi
Visitor
2 0 1

Update: seems to work again. So far 🙂 Could enter the website.

billablej
Shopify Partner
3 0 3

Lucky you 🙂 it hasn't been fixed on mine just tried with incognito

matslbbrbbr
Visitor
2 0 4

Still having the same issue too. CLeared cache and went in Incognito mode

kmhouse
Shopify Partner
1 0 1

Still having issue here when the store password is activated. Happening in Firefox and Safari with cache cleared. It's been happening since yesterday evening EDT.

AnnabelleG
Shopify Partner
1 0 1

Same for me

fchareun
Shopify Partner
1 0 1

Same for me

Yellow-Web
Shopify Partner
3 0 1

I am facing the same issue on my store since morning and it hasn't been resolved yet

billablej
Shopify Partner
3 0 3

seems to be working again from my website now