Random visitor spikes - Bots from Shopify?

Andr7
Tourist
9 0 13

Hi everyone,

Recently we've had multiple occasions where our visitors spike randomly to about a 100-200 live visitors - all from US and Ireland. We have no active marketing campaigns for these visitors and the average length time for staying is a few seconds.

These visits mess up our statistics. Has anyone else had this issue come up lately?

Replies 2 (2)

Ollie
Shopify Staff
2282 453 395

Hey @Andr7.

Thanks for reaching out.

I appreciate the context that you have shared as that is super helpful. Did you make any changes to your online store or recently update your sitemap? If you have, there is a good chance that the surge of visitors are Google bots mapping the store to have it visible on the Google search results. With that being said, I am not able to view the analytics directly through our community forums.

I would suggest reaching out to our Contact Us page and logging into your store. This will allow us to securely verify you as the store owner before discussing the increase of visitors that you have noticed on the online store.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Ollie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Cyndiv20
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi,

I am having the same issue. I usually have 100-150 visitors at a time. My dashboard is reporting 300-400 at a time. Numbers are completely off at the end of the day. Have you received any feedback or help. Anything would be helpful.

cordially,

cyndi