reCaptch is not working on contact form

Chandnihanda686
3 0 0

Shopify reCaptcha is not working.
Spam Protection is also enabled. But still not working. Getting lots of spam messages. How to prevent that.

0 Likes
Victor
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1129 103 255

Hi @Chandnihanda686,

Shopify allows merchants to enable Captchas on various sections of their online store, including the contact form, for spam protection purposes. The protection should prevent a lot of spam engagement but there will always be examples that slip through the cracks, as having spam protection that is too strict can discourage real customers from submitting their question, or prevent them altogether.

More information about enabling Captcha on your store can be found here. If this problem continues, it may be worth considering removing the contact form and replacing it with other contact options, such as a phone number or email address, so customers can contact you directly rather than going through a form.

Victor | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Chandnihanda686
3 0 0

Hi @Victor I tried the same but that's not working for my store. I tried even to add through the script but that is also not working. Is there any other way?

0 Likes
Victor
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1129 103 255

Hi @Chandnihanda686,

Do you mean you have enabled the Captchas, and they are not displaying? Or they are displaying but spam is still getting through?

Victor | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes