FROM CACHE - en_header

Recaptcha not displaying on contact form

HooplaAmber2022
1 0 0

I can't get reCaptcha to work on our shopify store contact form, despite checking all the boxes for it and following all the advice given.

I've researched through shopify community discussions about adding in a script, but that hasn't worked. We are getting lots of spam messages through our contact form, and it's awful.

How can this be fixed?

Thanks

Reply 1 (1)
Kimi
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
735 95 133

Hi, @HooplaAmber2022.

Sounds like you've had a frustrating experience with getting reCaptcha to work on your store, I can definitely understand where you're coming from.

Are you using a third-party theme, or have any third-party apps installed on your store? If so, it's possible that an incompatibility with any of your theme files exists, which may be causing issues with the reCaptcha.

To narrow down the issue, you can try testing one of our free Shopify themes on your store by going to Online store > Themes > Explore free themes and select a theme to add to your library. From there, click on Actions > Preview, and you can then test your store's contact form to see if the reCaptcha will function as intended.

If the issue doesn't persist on the Shopify theme, it shows that the problem doesn't lie within the reCaptcha itself. Chances are, a third-party app or the theme you're using may be interfering with how your contact form is meant to function. If you or a developer working on your store have made any code changes recently to your theme, the newly added code may also be the cause of this issue.

If you need further help to look into this issue, you can contact our Live Support team so that we can take a closer look at your account from our end. We aren't able to do this via the Community Forums at this stage, but you can reach out to our Live Support team via our help centre here. Once logged in, select a topic that best fits your query or situation. From there, you'll be taken to a page with a list of relevant support articles, and you can scroll to the bottom of that page to select your preferred contact method with our team. We'll be able to take a closer look at your store from our end and, if need be, liaise with our internal Technical team for further support.

Kimi | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog