Solved

received letter from shopify? is this spam?

CupsofLove
Tourist
3 0 1

Your support ticket number is 293463581 

We have received dissatisfaction reports from two of your customers stating the products ordered on Thursday July 29th and Monday 2nd August 2021 has not been delivered. These orders with the total of $624.81 [product number 0281** and 0282**] has been paid for and proof of payments provided.  Customers also stated several attempts to contact you via the email address on your Shopify store yielded no response. At Shopify we love to support our clients businesses and provide adequate support to ensure steady business operations.

Currently this does not affect your Shopify account and your store front is still active as we are still looking into this report. We have classified this report as "under investigation" as we await your report on this issue.

Visit the report ticket below and provide the information required to your best of knowledge:

https://tickets.shopify.com/store-admin/report/OPEN_ticketID=293463581(Kindly verify the ticket number in this notification correspond with the ticket number on the link above.)

The following are available on your ticket page:

1. Name of customers
  2. Full customer report message
  3. Customer proof of payment
  4. Order details.

Having completed the forms above, what next?

We will review your report and should we require more information about this issue we will contact you via your primary email on your Shopify account. We assure you this issue will be handled appropriately.

Do note that if you are found guilty Shopify gives all first offenders of this policy violation a warning strike. If found guilty on a second charge all your store data will be exported and sent via email of your store owner and permanently suspend your store from all Shopify related services.

For more tips on how to avoid similar issues or how to improve order fulfillments visit Shopify fulfillment network center.

© Shopify, 151 O’Connor Street, Ground floor, Ottawa Ontario, K2P 2L8

Accepted Solutions (2)

Ollie
Shopify Staff
2282 453 395

This is an accepted solution.

Hey @CupsofLove.

Thanks for reaching out.

I appreciate that you have included a screenshot of the email you have received as that is helpful. Would you be able to share the sender's email address?

If the sender's email address does not end in the official "@shopify.com" without any special characters added, it is most likely a phishing email. With that being said, you can forward the email to our internal team at Safety@shopify.com to take a deeper dive into the email you received and look to put a stop to the phishing campaign.

Let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

Ollie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Benefabproducts
Visitor
1 1 2

We received this exact same email just yesterday.  I thought it seemed fishy, so after some research I discovered your question here with the same word for word email.  So, yes, it obviously must be spam.  The senders email address for us is joseph.bretz@montana.edu.

View solution in original post

Replies 17 (17)

Ollie
Shopify Staff
2282 453 395

Hey @CupsofLove.

Thanks for reaching out.

I appreciate that you have included a screenshot of the email you have received as that is helpful. Would you be able to share the sender's email address?

If the sender's email address does not end in the official "@shopify.com" without any special characters added, it is most likely a phishing email. With that being said, you can forward the email to our internal team at Safety@shopify.com to take a deeper dive into the email you received and look to put a stop to the phishing campaign.

Bonnie_Doliszny
Visitor
1 0 0

I received the same letter and it came from. shantell.frame@montana.edu. I am assuming this is phishing.

We have received dissatisfaction reports from two of your customers stating the products ordered on Thursday July 29th and Monday 2nd August 2021 has not been delivered. These orders with the total of $624.81 [product number 0281** and 0282**] has been paid for and proof of payments provided.  Customers also stated several attempts to contact you via the email address on your Shopify store yielded no response. At Shopify we love to support our clients businesses and provide adequate support to ensure steady business operations.

Currently this does not affect your Shopify account and your store front is still active as we are still looking into this report. We have classified this report as "under investigation" as we await your report on this issue.

Visit the report ticket below and provide the information required to your best of knowledge:

https://tickets.shopify.com/store-admin/report/OPEN_ticketID=293463581(Kindly verify the ticket number in this notification correspond with the ticket number on the link above.)

1. Name of customers
  2. Full customer report message
  3. Customer proof of payment
  4. Order details.

We will review your report and should we require more information about this issue we will contact you via your primary email on your Shopify account. We assure you this issue will be handled appropriately.

Do note that if you are found guilty Shopify gives all first offenders of this policy violation a warning strike. If found guilty on a second charge all your store data will be exported and sent via email of your store owner and permanently suspend your store from all Shopify related services.

For more tips on how to avoid similar issues or how to improve order fulfillments visit Shopify fulfillment network center.

© Shopify, 151 O’Connor Street, Ground floor, Ottawa Ontario, K2P 2L8

CupsofLove
Tourist
3 0 1

yes...looks like it as its the same order numbers lol Glad i didnt click on the link

CupsofLove
Tourist
3 0 1

Thank ..I forwarded the email to safety@shopify.com

hollytree
Visitor
2 0 0

I received the same e-mail and it came from julie.gameon@montana.edu...    Sounds like a common theme.  Phishing!

Summer90405
Visitor
1 0 0

The julie.gameon@montana.edu is the one I received as well!

urbanflair
Tourist
5 0 4

I also received one this afternoon from a “joseph.bretz@montana.edu” — I’ve shared with the Shopify Reddit in hopes to spread the word!

Benefabproducts
Visitor
1 1 2

We received this exact same email just yesterday.  I thought it seemed fishy, so after some research I discovered your question here with the same word for word email.  So, yes, it obviously must be spam.  The senders email address for us is joseph.bretz@montana.edu.

Ollie
Shopify Staff
2282 453 395

Hey @Benefabproducts.

Thanks for reaching out and letting us know what the sender's email address is.

I went ahead and informed our internal team of the reports we have received on the community forums. If you have also received the following email, please forward this email to safety@shopify.com

Let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns.

PreferredPlus
Visitor
1 0 0

We received a similar email over the weekend referencing the same product numbers for a different amount. Copy of the email including the senders email address is below.

Screen Shot 2021-09-07 at 9.16.43 AM.png

HennaCosmetics
Visitor
1 0 0

We got the same email from mhill@pasadena.edu

See screenshot.

HennaCosmetics_0-1631109974435.png

Aurelian
Visitor
1 0 0

I got this email recently

"

We have received reports concerning your Shopify store about unfulfilled orders after payment. Reports stated that various attempts to contact you have yielded no positive results.

This is to notify you that Shopify does not support any form of fraudulent e-commerce practices and we hold the right to terminate your account upon discovering any practice that violates our terms and policy as clearly stated during your signup process.

To continue using Shopify services you will need to perform the following verification:

• Proof of business ownership
  • Proof of delivery for any of your products (not older than two months)
  • Identity verification

(If the link did not work, copy and paste it on your browser)

Your payout has been placed on hold until all requested documents has been submitted. This does not stop your customers from checking out.

Shopify Team

Do not reply to this message as no response will be received."

This is like the 3rd time i have gotten some spammy kind of email of something pretending to be shopify...its so annoying!

Ollie
Shopify Staff
2282 453 395

Hey @Aurelian.

Thanks for reaching out.

I appreciate that you have included the context of the email you have received as that is super helpful. Could you send this to our internal team to investigate the phishing attempt by forwarding the email to: safety@shopify.com? This will allow our team to look into this further. I would ahead and informed our internal team of this phishing attempt you have received.

IWMCKeith
Visitor
1 0 1

Received this too, and the link has a different hyperlink address...

https://enhanceprison.com/store

This is 100% phishing and trying to gain access to our account, beware.

Terri-P
Tourist
12 0 1

I received the same... here is mine    from Basye, Kameryn <kameryn.basye@student.montana.edu>

We have received dissatisfaction reports from two of your customers stating the products ordered on Monday 26th July and Wednesday August 4th 2021 has not been received. These orders with the total of $624.81 [product number 0281** and 0282**] has been paid for and proof of payments provided.  Customers also stated several attempts to contact you via the email address on your Shopify store yielded no response. At Shopify we love to support our clients businesses and provide adequate support to ensure steady business operations.

https://tickets.shopify.com/store-admin/report/OPEN_ticketID=293463581 <https://wefix4less.net/wp-includes/store/>

(Kindly verify the ticket number in this notification correspond with the ticket number on the link above.)

1.             Name of customers
  2.             Full customer report message
  3.             Customer proof of payment
  4.             Order details.

<https://www.shopify.ca/>

<https://www.facebook.com/shopify>  <https://www.twitter.com/shopify>  <https://www.instagram.com/shopify>  <https://www.snapchat.com/add/shopify>  <https://www.linkedin.com/company/shopify>  <https://www.pinterest.com/shopify>  <https://www.youtube.com/shopify> © Shopify, 151 O’Connor Street, Ground floor, Ottawa Ontario, K2P 2L8

Algalsc
Excursionist
38 0 8

I received the SAME email just now from robin.greenfield@student.montana.edu. Unfortunately, I clicked on the link but nothing seemed to happen. I reported it to Safety. Thank you!

sandysteven
Visitor
1 0 0

Thought we would add the email we received as well (Sep 6, 2021) so that the commonality of this issue is documented on the web.

We received the same ... from: alexa.deming@student.montana.edu

The email is as follows:

We have received dissatisfaction reports from two of your customers stating the products ordered on Monday 16th August and Wednesday August 25th 2021 has not been received. These orders with the total of $821.08 [product number 0281** and 0282**] has been paid for and proof of payments provided.  Customers also stated several attempts to contact you via the email address on your Shopify store yielded no response. At Shopify we love to support our clients businesses and provide adequate support to ensure steady business operations.

Name of customers
Full customer report message
Customer proof of payment
Order details.