Refund for inactive store

alexaleal23
1 0 0

I’ve been billed for months on a store i never used, i didn’t know i had to close it for billing to stop. I’ve been billed for months now even though i haven’t been active. Is there a number i can call bc the chat is not helping.

0 Likes
Marty
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
317 50 63

Hi, @alexaleal23.

Thank you for your message, I can certainly help guide you through this. As noted in our Terms of Service that you agree upon when signing up for a Shopify account states, we do not normally issue refunds on subscription charges. That said, if you are hoping to cancel your Shopify account and potentially receive a refund on your most recent subscription charge, this may be something we can look into. Although we would hate to lose you on the platform, If you are looking to cancel your account, feel free to check out our helpful guide that walks you through the process here.

I will also outline the quick steps here for your consideration:

1. From your Shopify admin, go to Settings > Plan.

2. Click Cancel subscription or Pause or cancel subscription.

3. Review the options to pause your subscription, or sell your store.

4. If you still want to cancel, then click Cancel subscription and close store.

5. Select a reason for the cancellation, and then click Continue.

6. Enter your password, and then click Close store.

While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit our Help Center and log in to your account to create a support request. Once you reach one of our live support advisors and explain your request, they will be happy to look into the potential for a one-time refund subscription as long as the account has successfully been cancelled following the steps above.

I hope this information helps you get on the right track, please do not hesitate to reach back out to me here with any questions you may have. 

Marty | Social Care @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes