How can I get a refund for a monthly fee after cancellation?

vicsvlogcandy
Visitor
3 0 0

Help please …. I just got charged on my card for the monthly fee and I already talked to someone like a month ago about cancelling and I still got charged… can I PLEASE have a refund. 

I went back into my account and went ahead and closed the store completely since there was a problem. 

I thought this was resolved and would like my 20 something dollars back please. 

Thanks 

Replies 6 (6)

Don
Shopify Staff
2765 199 388

Hi there @vicsvlogcandy!

Don here from Shopify.

Thanks for taking the time to share your concern with us here in the Shopify Community.

If you have indeed correctly closed your store down fully we can check into the possibility of a refund request for you for the most recent subscription invoice.

As we wouldn't be able to close a store down on behalf of a merchant, it is always necessary for the account owner to close the store themselves.

Just get in touch via our Help Centre here where we'll be able to access and discuss your account with you securely so we can review this request for you.

I look forward to getting this resolved for you!

Regards,

Don

Don | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

vicsvlogcandy
Visitor
3 0 0

It won’t let me use the help center because I closed down the store. I need assistance. 

Don
Shopify Staff
2765 199 388

Hi again @vicsvlogcandy!

Don from Shopify once again.

You will be able to select the 'I don't have a Shopify store' option when accessing support and proceed to verify your identity using other information there.

Let me know if you're unable to access or view this option as you proceed through the prompts and options given on the Help Centre.

All the best!

Regards,

Don

vicsvlogcandy
Visitor
3 0 0

It says to get help I have to select a store. Well… there’s no store to select. 

Salbel
Visitor
1 0 0

Could admin please contact me, my free trial expired and I was charged before I had a chance to cancel my plan...my shop is closed.

I tried the help centre but it just takes me round in circles 

Don
Shopify Staff
2765 199 388

Hi there @Salbel!

In order to file a refund request or get any sort of account-specific support, it would be necessary to get in touch via our Help Centre here.

There we'll be able to verify your identity and access and discuss your account with you securely.

If you're having any sort of issue with using the support options given there on the Help Centre, ensure you're using an updated, supported browser and that you have cleared the cache on that browser.

You can also try accessing the support options using a different browser, device or internet connection to see if you can access it okay that way.