REFUND NOW

Minutefob
1 0 0

paid for this because 4 days ago I spoke with your rep, and requested a deactivation before the payment went through. I tried to deactivate but neither the rep nor I could change it because I forgot my password haha. It kept telling me to try again later. So then I got busy with my life and then I forgot to deactivate "later" since I had no timeline of when to try again. I tried hours after the error message started to appear, but it KEPT TELLING ME TO TRY AGAIN LATER. Anyways, I'm filing against Paypal for this as I want a refund in full! From american express too. Send send send!

Reply 1 (1)
Daniel
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
893 60 141

Hi there, @Minutefob

Welcome to the Community! Definitely a great place to gather some input regarding anything about the platform! We have a great group of contributors who are always willing to provide their own expertise and experience with regards to Shopify! 

From what I am gathering, you were charged a plan fee before being able to deactivate your account. This is fairly common and our live support team is equipped to assist you in getting the refund you are warranted as per our Terms of Service. You can reach out to them by following this link. Once they verify your credentials, they can look through your invoices and refund you what is possible.

I also recommend ensuring your closed is fully deactivated when you reach out to our team so the refund process can be as seamless as possible. Please refer to the following to ensure your account is fully closed: 

Make sure to export any data you might need before you deactivate your store. Learn more about pausing or deactivating your store, including what to do before you deactivate your store to save your store's information and to avoid unexpected bills.

1. From your Shopify admin, go to Settings > Plan.
  2. Click Cancel subscription or Pause or deactivate store.
  3. Review the options to pause your plan, or start a new store. If you still want to deactivate your plan, then click Cancel subscription and close store or Deactivate store.
  4. Select a reason for the deactivation, and then click Continue.
  5. Enter your password, and then click Close store or Deactivate now.

You will receive an email to confirm that your store's deactivated. Definitely let me know how this works out for you!

Daniel | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog