refund pending, but customer has received their money

Solved
mountaingoat
Tourist
10 0 2

I have refunded my customer through shopify and paypal and the status is still at "refund pending". Customer has received their refund through paypal. How do i fix this?

Thanks for your help

0 Likes
Marty
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
204 30 42

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @mountaingoat.

It is important when refunding through a third-party payment gateway, such as Paypal that you initialize the refund via Paypal first. From your post, it sounds like you did this and then your order status in Shopify remained "Pending".

Sometimes when you make refunds in a third-party gateway, you need to manually tell Shopify that the order has been paid for, are you able to mark the order as paid in the order directly under your "More Actions" button?

It looks like we’ll need to access your account in order to resolve this issue. While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit our Help Center here and log in to your account to create a support request. Once you explain the issue and show the specific order to one of our support members they should be able to explain why you are stuck in that pending status.

Since this is the next step I've marked this reply as the solution for the benefit of others who may discover this topic. Thanks!

Marty | Social Care @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes