Can I get a refund for an unused Shopify subscription?

faiqkhan
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi there, I wasn't planning on using the shopify subscription since I'm only selling my services on Instagram. Although yesterday I was charged for the subscription so can I please have a refund of that? It hasn't even been a day. I Thank you!

Replies 3 (3)

Iris
Shopify Staff
814 67 99

Hi @faiqkhan ,

I understand the need to have this billing charge reviewed for a refund. However, this is not something we can do here via Community as we cannot authenticate merchant accounts in order protect the privacy of your sensitive information.

Please note that Shopify generally doesn't provide refunds as outlined in our Terms of Service here. However, depending on the store's status when it was closed and if any sales had been made for the billed period, our Support team would be happy to look into the availability of a refund for the latest charge. 

To contact our live support reach out to our Contact Us page. If you closed the store select 'I don't have an account', and select the topic you'd like to discuss with the Support Advisor. In your case, click on Account>Plans and billing. 

Then scroll down to the bottom of the page, where you should see the 'Get Support' section, where you can select your preferred communication channel.

Iris | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

AJ85
Visitor
1 0 0

I'm having the same issue and I'm struggling to find the contact us page, as the above link doesn't work. Can you help? 

Iris
Shopify Staff
814 67 99

Hi @AJ85 ,

I’m sorry to hear about the issue. While I don't know details of your specific situation, feel free to share more with me here, and I'll try to help as much as I can.

Otherwise, you should be able to reach out to our Support team via this link here. Once you log in, select the topic you'd like to discuss with the Support Advisor. Then scroll down to the bottom of the page, where you should see the 'Get Support' section, where you can select your preferred communication channel.

Let me know if that helps.

Iris | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog