Regarding subscription refund

PetsnmanGo
3 0 0

Hi. My Shopify account has been paused for personal issues and I forgot about it.

Yesterday the subscription fee $10.00 was charged and at that moment I realized I still subscribe to Shopify even though I don't need it anymore.

I want to close my Shopify store and get a refund on this $10 fee charged on my card yesterday.

Since it is very hard to reach a Shopify help center person, I leave this message here. 

Refund me the money which was charged without me knowing about it. I don't need my Shopify account anymore.

0 Likes
Lana
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
270 30 31

Hello @PetsnmanGo!

This is Lana from Shopify.

Thank you for providing all the details on this here. I just wanted to give you some context behind why you may have been charged during the Pause plan. Is it possible that you initially opted for the Full Pause plan? This is the option where you get 3 months off your subscription fees, and after that time has passed, you are automatically placed on the Pause and Build plan which charges $9 per month. I have additional info on both of those plans and how they work for you in this help doc here.

I understand that you have decided to close, so I can help you out here. In order to enquire about a refund, you will need to fully close your store first. This can be done the following way:

• From your Shopify admin, go to Settings > Plan.

• Click Cancel subscription or Pause or cancel subscription.

• Review the options to pause your subscription, or sell your store.

• If you still want to cancel, then click Cancel subscription and close store.

• Select a reason for the cancellation, and then click Continue.

• Enter your password, and then click Close store.

After you have done this, we can look into the refund for you. I do see you mentioned that it was difficult to get in touch with our support, but I will need to ask you to go through this link here to enquire about the refund. This is because we are currently unable to look into your account detail through the Shopify Community.

Please feel free to ask me any other questions here. 

Thanks! -Lana 

Lana | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
PetsnmanGo
3 0 0

I just went through all the steps you mentioned. My account is closed. I tried to go to the next step to enquire the refund and it seems there is no place I can get info about this. 

0 Likes