Remove All Saved Packages and rates

Divine1clothing
Visitor
2 0 0

Hello,

Before I was able to not have a saved package and it just let me manually do the weight.. my products do not need priority mail. How do I get rid of the saved packages completely and go back to the old way I was doing it?

Thanks in advance,

Tina Marie of Divine1clothing

Replies 6 (6)

Bluesoft_Design
Shopify Expert
83 16 15

Hi @Divine1clothing ,

Unfortunately, once a package has been created on your Shopify store, Shopify then requires you to have at least 1 default package size assigned to your account. As of right now, there is no way to revert this. However, you can delete an existing package if you have at least 1 other saved package.

To do this, go to Settings > Shipping & Delivery and then scroll down to the packages section. Here, you'll find all your saves packages. As long as there is at least 2 packages with the checkbox ticked next to "Use this package to calculate rates at checkout", a red delete button will appear that you can use to delete the package.

Hope this info helps!

David A
Lead Project Manager
Bluesoft Design
Tel: (732) 443-0538 | Email: info@bluesoftdesign.com | Website: www.bluesoftdesign.com
Divine1clothing
Visitor
2 0 0
Thank you for the info. This helps a lot!
Lolo_Racks_USA
Tourist
3 0 1

This is terrible why can't it revert back to no packages . Now I'm screwed.

Cognizant
Visitor
2 0 1

I have more than one size package to be used for different products on the store. I don't want to only use just one saved default package that I set up. How do I delete the default without adding a new package and just let Shopify calculate it automatically at checkout?

brianfidler
Visitor
1 0 0

So my store has products ranging in size from ounces to over a hundred pounds. I've already created a test package, not realizing I would not be able to delete it, how will that impact my shop? Do I need to use that or are all of my products shipping rates going to be based on that product now? 

SHINEKreations
Visitor
1 0 0

So is there any way for Me to allow shopify to calculate shipping based off of weight instead of that default package? I can not accurately charge for shipping because majority of my packages are larger or smaller than the default box and i need to go off of specific weight.