Removing Venmo option at checkout

cvette
Explorer
64 0 12

Hello!

Can someone please tell me if there is a way to remove the option to pay with Venmo from my checkout. TIA

Replies 3 (3)

Imogen
Shopify Staff
1799 205 325

Hi there, @cvette. Thanks for taking the time to reach out to the Shopify Community with your question about removing this payment method from your checkout. My name is Imogen. It's good to meet you.

At this time, merchants are unable to manually disable or opt out of Venmo as a payment method option, as it's included as an available payment method in combination with PayPal Express checkout. Venmo is included for U.S Merchants as part of the PayPal Express checkout option, as an additional method that is wildly popular in the U.S.

If you would like to see if there is a way for our Support Team to assist you with disabling Venmo on it's own, then I recommend reaching out to our Team via our Help Center. Let our AI Assistant know that you're looking to speak to an Advisor regarding Venmo, and it will provide you with prompts that can be used to connected with a member of our Authenticated Support Team. They'll be able to get you authenticated, and then access your account in real-time to see if there are any settings we can adjust to help you remove Venmo if you so desire.

Imogen | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

cvette
Explorer
64 0 12

I got absolutely nowhere reaching out to the Help Center. They told me to reach out to Paypal that it is their issue. Paypal says that it is on Shopify's site and that there is nothing they can do.

Imogen
Shopify Staff
1799 205 325

As Venmo is built in as part of the PayPal Express Checkout, it can't be removed manually as a payment method without removing PayPal. With that being said, our Support Team may be able to look into some details on our end to investigate what options are available. I recommend reaching out to our team again using the link I provided, and express to the advisor you connect with that PayPal has redirected you back to Shopify with this request.

Imogen | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog