How can I reactivate a closed online store?

NailahS
Visitor
1 0 1

Hi! I need help with reopening my store that is inactive. I am not able to access the settings, billings, etc because it says my store is unavailable. I tried opening a new store with the same name, but it will not let me. I simply want to be able to pay my outstanding bills so that I can reopen my store or close the store entirely and create another store with the same site/domain name. 

Replies 3 (3)

Nick_Marketing
Shopify Partner
1487 336 464

One cannot reuse the .myshopify.com store name on the brand new shopify registration.

There are many reasons why the store could be unavailable. More on this topic here
https://community.shopify.com/c/blog/faq-why-is-my-store-unavailable/ba-p/1077560

However, do consider reaching out to support, they can look into the account.
Direct support link: https://help.shopify.com/en/questions#/contact/

Nick | Ecommerce & Marketing Technology Consultant | Toronto, CANADA
- For consulting work availability, please send me a Private Message or submit a ✍️Contact Form.
- For FREE Shopify Tutorials, Subscribe to my YouTube channel (▶️ Ecommerce TV).

Emily
Shopify Staff
1309 101 189

Hi, @NailahS.

Thank you for reaching out. I'm excited to hear you want to open your store back up!

Your myshopify.com is the unique identifier for your store; you cannot use the same one when opening a new store. However, you should be able to log in and pay the outstanding invoice or pick a new plan depending on how long it has been closed. I will need to gather a bit more information from you to look further into this for you. How long has your store been inactive? Are you able to log into your Shopify account at all? Can you provide a screenshot of the page you see when trying to attempt this? 

Please let me know if you have any further questions! 

Talk soon, 

Emily | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Elias
Shopify Staff
2805 274 490

Hi, @NailahS.

Thank you for posting this question.

It sounds like your store is frozen with an outstanding bill at the moment, and you can pay your bill by reactivating your store. However, if your store was shut down or you need further assistance, then it looks like we'll need to access your account in order to resolve the issue. While we're unable to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community, we'd be happy to assist you through live chats. Please visit the Shopify Help Center and login to your account to create a support request. 

Let us know if you have any other questions!

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog