Replacing my Dymo 450 label printer

PinkJulepBoutiq
Tourist
3 0 2

Hello,

We currently use Dymo 450 printers to create our barcode labels. One of them broke and I need to replace it. Here is my dilemma: 

The Dymo 550 requires Dymo specific brand labels which are $60 for one roll of 1500 labels. I currently buy off brand labels and pay $30 for 6 rolls of 1500 labels. Big difference in price!

I'm currently sorting through Shopify's list of accepted printers, but its time consuming figuring out which models require brand specific labels. 

Has anyone else ran into this problem and have a solution?

I think its wrong to force people to buy expensive labels just to use the equipment. 

Reply 1 (1)
Skye
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
254 30 47

Hi, @PinkJulepBoutiq.

Thank you for posting to the community forums! That is definitely a big price difference. I recommend contacting Dymo directly about the 550 printer and its need to use specific labels. They might have a potential solution for you!

That being said, the Dymo 450 printer is still compatible with Shopify. Are you able to purchase the same model? This way you can go back to purchasing your off-brand labels and save yourself that cash.

In regards to the time consuming process of going through each printer, I will definitely make our team aware of this feedback. Perhaps there is a potential solution of listing each printer's requirements in our documentation. 

In the meantime, I would love for you to provide more information on your business! This way I can offer some additional support and feedback.

Skye | Social Care @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog