Reports have changed? Graphs, PDF and excel exports

SUMMITsport
Tourist
10 0 3

Hello

This week I have been putting together a report on some marketing and need to show a range of different metrics. Up to yesterday, I would go into analytics and go to something like "sales over time" which would give a bar graph with data below. I was able to export this as an excel, CSV or print as a PDF. The PDF was good, as it allowed me to use the bar graph.

But today I get on and the bar graph has turned into a smooth line graph with black background. Also, when I go to make a PDF, the graph is not visible. Also, the excel spreadsheet is not available.

I have not changed anything on the site, so assume something has changed? Is there any way to get the older bar graph style and have the PDF with graph?

Below are the 2 styles of graph - Old then New

Old graphOld graphnew style graphnew style graph

Thanks.

Replies 7 (7)

hans-2609
Visitor
1 0 3

I don't like these new graphics, Shopify should show options to switch to preferred graphics

SUMMITsport
Tourist
10 0 3

Agree.

Would be even better if someone jumped on here and explained a few things 😞

mark012
Visitor
2 0 3

Not liking the new graphs at all - hope Shopify are making an option, so we can select our own view.

BeProfit_App
Shopify Partner
75 1 4

Hi @SUMMITsport - Shopify's analytics are okay to start with, but if you're looking for deeper insights, advanced filters, and customizable viewability, then I'd suggest trying an app like BeProfit Profit Tracker.

Plus, BeProfit lets you:

• Track your profit history over time
  • Create and export custom reports
  • Freely edit your store's data
  • Get intuitive visuals and graphs
  • Understand complex business metrics
  • Connect metrics once with smart integrations
  • Spot what factors need improvement to increase profits
  • Make data-driven decisions to optimize your store

Try BeProfit and let us know if you find it helpful. Plus, if you have any suggestions on how we can improve the app, we're always happy to get feedback!

SUMMITsport
Tourist
10 0 3

Hi Ofer.

At this stage, I just need the data to be usable. The new style is poor quality compared to previous and is not printable. Makes it very hard to do reports. I shouldn't need an app for basic functions.

Thanks for the offer. Appreciate that your app may help in some situations, but I just need the basic info as per what was already available.

At this point, I feel we are not getting any feedback from Shopify staff which is a bit disappointing.

nicolamarywyatt
Tourist
4 0 9

i really dislike the new reports. Please bring back the bar chart or at least give us an option!

MLESTER1234
Excursionist
17 0 19

YES ---- THE CHANGE TO THE GOOFY LINES IS ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE.

I CANT BELIEVE THAT SHOPIFY IS SO LAME THAT THEY DONT LISTEN TO THEIR CUSTOMERS.

THIS IS A BIG BUSINESS YET THEY LEAVE SOMETHING SO FUNDAMENTAL SO MESSED UP FOR SO LONG. I WILL OPEN A BOTTLE OF CHAMPAIGN IF THEY EVER FIX THIS AND PUT IT BACK THE WAY IT WAS. CAN WE MAKE A GROUP AND MAKE A PETITION TO THEM? IF WE CAN SEND AN EMAIL TO ME AT MLESTER1@PCSLIGHTING.COM AND LETS START A PETITION.