Request to Verify my ID

MARC_Helmets_Ad
1 0 0

I was requested to submit ID to verify my ID. I have submitted my drivers licence and passport. But my ID still hasn't been verified. How long does this process take?

Replies 16 (16)
Alice_S
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
63 0 17

Hey, there!

I'm Alice, and I'm one of the Guru's here at Shopify, thanks for reaching out to us on the forums!

The length of time it takes to review is usually between 48-72 hours, but this can be longer if the request comes in over the weekend.  With the review process, the ID gets sent off to the Banking Partners, who then review and send the information back to our team.  As the information gets sent to the bank, and they are closed over the weekend, you may see a slightly longer turnaround time than the usual 48-72 hour window.

If you are waiting longer than this, and haven't heard anything back, it would be best to reach out to our awesome Guru team [here](https://help.shopify.com/questions) who will be able to get someone to look into this further for your store! I hope that helps and if you have any other questions or need anything at all, please let me know and I’ll do all I can to help! ?

Alice | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

RMK
1 0 2

I've just had the request to verify my Identity, I scanned my passport but when I submit it it says the file cannot be read and I get another email  requesting me to verify or I wont be paid... I've tried scanning and converting to a jpeg and taking photos with no luck.

FatPlateAdam
1 0 2

Hi, I've uploaded both a passport and drivers licence but it keeps coming back with this message: "The photo ID you uploaded was not valid. To continue using Shopify Payments, resubmit your photo ID by tomorrow at 6:06pm GMT in order to verify your identity."

Could you please help?

Regards Adam

ASECC
2 0 0

AGREED -- I am told my store will be terminated tomorrow and I have hundreds of live orders going through. I have sumbmitted my ID like 50 times. ARGHHH.

Sounds like a software bug.

superwhy
3 0 0

Hi there, did you manage to get the issue resolved? The same thing happened.

ASECC
2 0 0

Yes we got it! They're backlogged like everything else right now 😞 

Marie13
2 0 1

Hi,

I have now tried to upload both my drivers license and several different scans of my passport, but Shopify can't verify it! I keep getting an email about I have to verify my personal ID. Did you solve this yet?

superwhy
3 0 0
Hi Marie,

Yes I managed to. What I did was to write to a shopify support who was amazing and he helped me sort it out.
You can write to their gurus and explain the problem. They use an AI system which rejects any thing it doesn't recognise. So they have to review manually. Some times it can reject if any info doesn't match what you had put when signing up.
superwhy
3 0 0
Hi Marie,

Yes I managed to. What I did was to write to a shopify support who was amazing and he helped me sort it out.
You can write to their gurus and explain the problem. They use an AI system which rejects any thing it doesn't recognise. So they have to review manually. Some times it can reject if any info doesn't match what you had put when signing up.
JeremyAYC
2 0 0

Hi superwhy, how or where did you write to a shopify support? I urgently need help with my store as the AI system is rejecting photos and scanned copies of my Identification... 

Thank you in advanced 🙂

Cocktaillover
1 0 0

Hi Alice, 

Can you help me to do this? Uploaded my passport and driver's license and it won't accept either. Please can you help?

Thank you, 

sn1
1 0 0

I need help verifying my ID. Ive tried to upload my license in multiple formats but it continues to be restricted. 

vovoaoka
1 0 0

I am facing is exactly the same Problems. Please gut I really need help on this 

I've just had the request to verify my Identity, I scanned my passport but when I submit it it says the file cannot be read and I get another email  requesting me to verify or I wont be paid... I've tried scanning and converting to a jpeg and taking photos with no luck.

austintexas
Tourist
4 0 2
Shopify Risk escalation team:

Background:

I opened the store in shopify around January 2020, all information requested was provided. Including the corporation name and bank details and information. (The bank has all my information)

Since then, spent over 1000 hours minimum in the "store" yet, NO SALES, except a dollar I spent to see if it worked.

All of the sudden , in October, shopify send a request for my personal information, providing them with my drivers license removing the dl number.

Rejected over and over again, even claiming the birth date was wrong! A False claim by shopify.

It is my legal right to Know:

1) Who is requesting this information exactly ?
2) Why now?
3) Why the id sent is been rejected?
4) To whom my id will be "Shared" with, providing name and address:
5) Provide Your name,  and legal address that cannot be PO box for registered mail.
Sarrem
1 0 0

Also have problems verifying my identity. It says it wants my id to verify then asking for me to upload a utility bill. Have tried both but nothing works. What to do now? Btw the only utility bill I have is my car insurance as my partner’s name is on all bills.

Thomasnorton
1 0 0

Shopify is asking me to verify my ID. I would if the was somewhere too? It just redirects me to this page. All my money has been sitting there for nearly a year and I can’t get it. This is a little unacceptable.