How can I request a refund for a forgotten trial cancellation?

skinpraise
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello,

I was trying a Shopify trial and completely forgot to cancel my trial and got notified that I was charged for the monthly subscription. My finances are tight right now due to the pandemic. I cancelled by store just now and would like a refund please.

Replies 2 (2)

AvadaCommerce
Shopify Partner
3879 839 955

Hi @skinpraise 

Thank you for your question.

As per Shopify Terms of Service, they do not offer refunds for your cancellation. but if your store was recently closed then they may be able to offer an exception. The optimal option here for you is to contact Shopify support directly to obtain assistance via phone, email, or live chat.

If you find this answer helpful, please mark it as a SOLUTION.

Best regards.

banned

Victoria
Shopify Staff
2093 148 247

Hi, @skinpraise.

Thank you for providing all of this information. I understand the impact this may have on your business due to the pandemic. 

I'm not sure if you had a chance to read through our pausing or deactivating your store resource. The section under Cancel your subscription and deactivate your Shopify store is important to read before closing your store to ensure you've saved store information, uninstalled any third-party apps and turned off auto-renewal on your domain.

As stated within our Shopify Terms of Service we do not offer refunds. However, since you mentioned that you recently closed your store, I recommend reaching out directly to our Live Support team. The reason I recommend this option is that we do not have access to account specific information within our Community forums. Our Live Support can be accessed via chat, email or scheduling a call-back for phone support.

Victoria | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog