Requesting Refund for Monthly Subscription

Eugene108
Visitor
2 0 0

Dear Shopify Team 

I completely forgot that i had a trial store with a selected plan that i did not close. I did not want to continue with the store i forgot to close it. How do i get a refund as I didn't even activate the store. I did use it just for trial to see how to construct the shop but frankly I did not find it interest. 

Replies 3 (3)

Marty
Shopify Staff (Retired)
512 74 103

Hi, @Eugene108.

Thanks for your message, I would be happy to point you in the right direction for this. We are sorry to hear you are looking to cancel your account, however, just a friendly reminder that as per our Terms Of Service states we do not usually issue refunds on subscription charges:

That said, I would recommend reaching out to our live support team so we can take a closer look into this with you. You can do this by logging into your store through the Help Center, searching your question/issue, then selecting "continue" at the bottom of the page that displays the search results. Once you reach our support options, I would suggest chatting with one of our support advisors so they can take a look into any possibilities with you by accessing your account.

Thanks again for reaching out and please let me know if you have any questions about the above information. 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

Eugene108
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi Marty ,

On the other hand it was not mentioned it would be yearly subscription charged, the price was mentioned per month . 

Marty
Shopify Staff (Retired)
512 74 103

Hi, @Eugene108.

Thanks for getting back to me, you most likely accidentally chose the yearly subscription option instead of the monthly option. This can happen when choosing your subscription from your 14-day free trial. 

I hope you were able to reach our live support to take a close look into this, feel free to reach back out here with any questions should you have them! 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.