Requesting Refund for Monthly Subscription

Eugene108
2 0 0

Dear Shopify Team 

I completely forgot that i had a trial store with a selected plan that i did not close. I did not want to continue with the store i forgot to close it. How do i get a refund as I didn't even activate the store. I did use it just for trial to see how to construct the shop but frankly I did not find it interest. 

Replies 3 (3)
Marty
Shopify Staff
444 67 87

Hi, @Eugene108.

Thanks for your message, I would be happy to point you in the right direction for this. We are sorry to hear you are looking to cancel your account, however, just a friendly reminder that as per our Terms Of Service states we do not usually issue refunds on subscription charges:

That said, I would recommend reaching out to our live support team so we can take a closer look into this with you. You can do this by logging into your store through the Help Center, searching your question/issue, then selecting "continue" at the bottom of the page that displays the search results. Once you reach our support options, I would suggest chatting with one of our support advisors so they can take a look into any possibilities with you by accessing your account.

Thanks again for reaching out and please let me know if you have any questions about the above information. 

Marty | Social Care @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Eugene108
2 0 0

Hi Marty ,

On the other hand it was not mentioned it would be yearly subscription charged, the price was mentioned per month . 

Marty
Shopify Staff
444 67 87

Hi, @Eugene108.

Thanks for getting back to me, you most likely accidentally chose the yearly subscription option instead of the monthly option. This can happen when choosing your subscription from your 14-day free trial. 

I hope you were able to reach our live support to take a close look into this, feel free to reach back out here with any questions should you have them! 

Marty | Social Care @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog